PDA

View Full Version : Camaro Bumpers

johnny rockett
05-03-2009, 02:38 PM
I imagine the only way to get a decent bumper these days is to re chrome an orginal.....having said that..That would take a long time and cost big bucks for sure.......so what do you guys do for bumper replacments. 67 Camaro

I am guessing that all the bumpers come from Asia these days....A friend of mine bought some A M D 69 bumpers and they were not very good...

Has anyone found one supplier better than another......I dont mind spending more than the usual amount for a bumper but also do not want to spend 600 or 700 dollars....

maybe there just is no choice?

69camarokid
05-04-2009, 09:49 AM
i bought a reproduction front bumper for my 69 from classic industries about 3 years ago and had no problems at all with it. Went on perfectly and ive had no issues with rust or any junk like that at all. Only cost me like 110 bucks.

johnny rockett
05-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Several companys sell bumpers......I imagine many of the bumper companies...Asian probably bid on the bumpers they sell to these companies....that probably changes year to year...different vendors every year and the quality may go up or down depending on what these guys are willing to pay for the bumpers...

The thing I was interested is there any consistancy from these companies?....do they hold the manufacturer responsible for a certain quality?...

I wish one of these companies like classic would chime in here...

mikey
05-04-2009, 08:51 PM
I can get my originals repaired and chromed here locally for $250.00 a piece you might want to check out a local bumper company. Or even call up your local chromer and ask them for some reccomendations if they're not interrested.

johnny rockett
05-05-2009, 05:05 AM
I am not sure of the quality of the chrome for that kind of money...I think the chrome process is getting hammered by the EPA and costs have risen for them...whats the company that will do this for 250.00...I would be interested ....not about the price..........but the quality...the price is good.....

GM Muscle
05-12-2009, 11:15 AM
try bestbumper they recondition alot of bumpers here for us at the dealership