PDA

View Full Version : Speed shops in California ???

usa-69z
04-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Guys im travelling from australia to california for a coupla weeks in june and was wondering what are the best 'speed' shops in cali? something like summit or jegs to pickup some bits n pieces ie rocker covers , dressup items , t-shirts etc etc
All advice much apreciatted !

Cheers, Gav

1badchevelle
04-30-2009, 06:14 AM
What part of california?

6'9"Witha69
04-30-2009, 07:59 AM
There are very few left anymore.

usa-69z
04-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanx for reply guys... im in Aneheim for a few days then san diego back up to ventura(NPD) , ova to vegas then ????? its a holiday for me and the missus (gettin married) but plan on spending up while im there. Diff -tyres-speedtech frontend-etc etc. Im having to order most of these things and having them sent to a shipping address. But the smaller stuff i could buy along the way.
P.s.. is pomona swap worth the visit ? 7th june i think?

any help is much appreciatted

Gav
Downunder

b-man
04-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Mostly dealing in parts for old hot rods, but a fun place to look around and likely find some of the items you're looking for. Should be pretty close to where you'll be staying:

http://www.socalspeedshopla.com/

Mkelcy
04-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Nevada - Summit Racing.

usa-69z
05-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Mostly dealing in parts for old hot rods, but a fun place to look around and likely find some of the items you're looking for. Should be pretty close to where you'll be staying:

http://www.socalspeedshopla.com/

Cheers Bart ! ps.. how long a drive is it to summit- nevada from LA ?

CarlC
05-01-2009, 05:35 AM
From Anaheim? 7-8 hours minimum. I'd go to the Performance Automotive Warehouse in Chatsworth before making that ride. Since you are that far, another 12 miles and you can go to Hawaii Racing in Simi Valley.

You can order what you need from Summit and have it delivered to where you are staying.

usa-69z
05-01-2009, 06:14 AM
From Anaheim? 7-8 hours minimum. I'd go to the Performance Automotive Warehouse in Chatsworth before making that ride. Since you are that far, another 12 miles and you can go to Hawaii Racing in Simi Valley.

You can order what you need from Summit and have it delivered to where you are staying.

Thanx Carl, thats a long drive for a coupla parts. ...The trouble with ordering is im moving around a bit . No real base to send stuff to.
I will be in Vegas, san diego and who knows where to after that ?
thanx for the advice too !

Gav

6'9"Witha69
05-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Carl, Is the B&M shop still right next to or down the street from the Chatsworth location? That's a coll place to stop by if you're in the area.

mjoc1
05-01-2009, 07:16 PM
PAW has moved they now are on Nordoff. The show room is almost gone. It is a waste of time to visit unless you are picking up ordered parts. Vegas is only 5 hours away from Anahiem in the worse case if you take the right route. I live an hour north of Anahiem and can get to Vegas in 3-4 hours easy.

Mike

Most speed shops around LA now don't care much of an inventory. And most of the showrooms have become jokes.

Mkelcy
05-01-2009, 07:39 PM
IIRC, Summit is actually near Reno, not Vegas. Depending on what you want to do, that's not a bad thing. And the Summit showroom in Reno(?) is very well stocked.

usa-69z
05-01-2009, 09:01 PM
IIRC, Summit is actually near Reno, not Vegas. Depending on what you want to do, that's not a bad thing. And the Summit showroom in Reno(?) is very well stocked.

yep , ive had a look at my maps and am telling the missus lake tahoe is a great place to visit this time of year , that gets me pretty close to summit territory . :fingersx:

ive noticed not to much in Cali for a look.

Gav