PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hi

SicMonte
03-17-2005, 04:05 PM
hello everyone...Im new here and just wanted to say hi and tell you alil about myself. Im Doug Lutes from Silver Spring, Maryland. I am 25 and I graduated from Towson University with a BS in Business Management.

My car/project is a 1988 Monte Carlo SS. I recentlly put a 360 small block in it with a beefed up 200R4. No more A/C or emissions stuff...don't ask how I got around the emissions...long long story!! I now have an electric fan and a custom mounted griffon radiator...I made the radiator brackets in my shop out of stainless steel. The suspension is the next big parts im gonna work on. It currently has Bell Tech drop spindles up from and coil springs in the rear with the nitro drop shocks on all four corners. Stock brakes...suspension components..ets. I have Torq-Thrust II wheels...16x7 up front and 16x8 out back. The tires are 225/50/16 and 255/50/16. I want to put some 18's on it...but that is after lots of measuring and cutting.

I want to put up some pics of my project so far...but I have no idea on how to do it...can you all help me out with this? please email me directions!! Hope to talk to you all in the near future!!!!!

Bill Howell
03-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Hello Doug,
Welcome! I love those SS Monte Carlos. They share alot of parts with the 1980 malibu I am building. There was a time in the early 90's that a 85 SS M/C was our daily driver. Sorry, I can not help you with the picture thing but I am sure someone will be by later that can.
Enjoy the ride here,
Bill

Ralph LoGrasso
03-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey Doug,

Welcome to the site! Sounds like an awesome car/project you've got there. So, how'd you get around the emissions? Just Kidding.

As for posting pics. You can post pictures directly from your hard-drive by doing this:
1). When you're at the posting screen, before you submit your post, scroll down and click the button that says "Manage Attachments"
2). Click Browse and find the pics off of your hard-drive that you'd like to post
3). Click Submit and close the manage attachments window.
4). Finish your post and click Reply as normal, and the pics will appear as thumbnails at the bottom of the text in your post.

Hope that helps,

sunkistcamaro
03-18-2005, 04:47 AM
Welcome to the site, cant wait to see the pics.