PDA

View Full Version : McLeod Adapter Part # Needed

Brandon
03-17-2005, 03:13 PM
I need the adapter to install a T56 (LS1) trans to my Small Block Chevy 383 (Gen 1). I have an external balanced 400 flywheel and a 26 spline clutch disc in my 1969 Camaro. I hear talk of an adapter kit from McLeod but I cannot find the correct part number.

There are two kit that look correct (part #8610 and #8607). Which is correct or is there another number I need?

I have tried to contact McLeod (Red Roberts) but I cannot get him on the tech line.

Any one know what the McLeod Part # is for the .5" adapter plate??

Has anyone bought this adapter and extended pilot bushing?
What are the part #s?

I also need a crossmember :-)

Please help,
Brandon

Hurst - Jeff
03-17-2005, 10:44 PM
Be patient and keep trying Red. Just keep dialing until he answers - it will be worth the wait.
He answers calls between 10 - 12 in the a.m and 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. pacific time.

Elusive R
03-18-2005, 12:05 AM
I have one - there are a few pictures on my website that might give you an idea of what you're getting. Also, Red told me when I bought mine that no custom pilot bushing was required (I'm running a ZZ4). I wish I could give you the part number, but the page I wrote it down on is long gone....

Ryan

Elusive R
03-23-2005, 06:33 AM
Well, I called McLeod again because I've come to realize that I did in fact need the extended pilot bushing. Here are the parts numbers that Red gave me:

LS1 T56 adapter to old style bellhousing w/original clutch linkage: 8-207
Extended pilot bushing (accomodates extra 1/2" from adapter): 8617

Too bad that I found all this out AFTER I put the car back together. :banghead:

When you do order, make sure the adapter plate comes with the throwout bearing piece, too, if you're planning on using a stock clutch setup. I'm drawing a blank on what this piece is called, but it's the piece that surrounds the input shaft and it bolted to the front of a Muncie or other 4 speed.

Good luck!
Ryan

Brandon
03-25-2005, 05:46 AM
Ryan,

I finally got through to Red on Tuesday!! He was very knowledgeable on this subject - if anyone needs info call him at McLeod!!!
He game me the same info.

LS1 T56 adapter to old style bellhousing w/original clutch
linkage: 8-207

Throwout bearing collar: Comes with adapter plate 8-207
(the piece that surrounds the input shaft and it bolted to the front of a Muncie or other 4 speed.)

Extended pilot bushing (accomodates extra 1/2" from adapter): 8617

27 spline (TH350 style) Slip Yoke (if need for your drive shaft-mine was from a TH400): 8-6081

I hope someone can use this info - I took me over 3 weeks to get it!!

(Search)
McLeod
T56 adapter plate
LS1 T56 conversion
Red Roberts

Thanks for the help and info,
Brandon