PDA

View Full Version : Need a suspension rebuild kit F&R

CRCRFT78
04-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Looking to rebuild my front & rear suspension on my 83 Malibu wagon. Nothing fancy, just all back to stock for now to drive daily and load the kids in. Possibly lowering it an inch or two. Can anyone recommend a decent front/rear suspension rebuild kit other than PST. It will run me about $1300 if I choose PST, any other suggestions?

Lowend
04-27-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm pretty sure the 83 Malibu wagon is a simple G-body.

So it's hard to beat the Global West Del-a-lum bushings
http://globalwest.net/1978-88_Chevelle_G-body_control_arm_bushings.htm
combine that with a set of Moog/TRW tie rods ect and you are good to go.
lowering will be a little touchy as I'm not sure if anyone makes a wagon specific springs; I'm going to recomend air-ride out back (gasp... I'm normally not a big fan of air suspensions). In this case where the car isn't going to be asked to be a super-handler I think the adjustability will be a good thing.

86Cutlass383SR
04-27-2009, 05:18 PM
I'll second the advice on the Global West bushings, especially in a street car. In my experience with both poly and the DAL bushings, I'll choose the DAL's ahnds down. My poly's were stiff and didn't let the suspension move much at all, though mine were not greasable. The GW bushings let the suspension do what it was supposed to do...move and let the springs and shocks absorb road irregularities. They are a bit pricey but well worth it if you want a smooth ride with the added benefits of better handling too.