PDA

View Full Version : Muffler suggestions

Travis B
03-16-2005, 01:35 PM
I am getting ready to start on my 1964 Malibu! It is going to have a Lt1 4,5, or 6spd not sure yet! It will have headers!

My question is do any of you guys have a muffler thats different! I was thinking a super 40 from flowmaster but everyone has some sort of flowmaster! I was wondering if anyone was running anything different that they liked??? I am not worried about how loud it is but I would like it to be unique! :attn: :attn: :attn: :attn:

JLM
03-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Get a Dr. Gas x-pipe and a set of magnaflow mufflers. Put a decent cam in that LT1 and you'll have a mean unique sounding muscle car.

Travis B
03-16-2005, 07:14 PM
What magna flow muffler! I don't know that i will have room for the dr.gas x-pipe because it will have airride on all four corners and the exhaust will have to be tucked! I was thinking of putting a cam in it? Do you know if that would require any computer changes?

JLM
03-19-2005, 05:22 PM
I have no idea on the computer changes for swapping a cam in. I would say yes, but I'm more of a ford guy when it comes to new cars.

As far as the Magnaflow it would depend on how loud you want the car. They basically have 2 mufflers. The normal maganflow and the magnapack which will be considerably louder. You can check out their products at www.magnaflow.com