PDA

View Full Version : 625HP Big Block - EFI Recommendation?

bigboi
04-21-2009, 08:01 AM
I am thinking about going EFI this summer and wanted to know if anyone knew of a system/kit they could recommend for a 625HP BB Chevy.

I don't want to go way overboard on the price. I know you can get up into the $5k range. I would like to keep it around $2,500 or so.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Brian

dino
06-01-2009, 01:24 PM
I am looking into an efi system for 598 Shaffiroff big block for my 69 Chevelle. I have spoke to the people at Massflo and they have a system that will supply my motor (close to 800 hp) they said it is $2995.00 without the required fuel pump....
their website is massfloefi.com If anyone has any info on this i would appreaciate any feedback also.
Tony

68Formula
06-01-2009, 01:43 PM
I've heard good praise on Mass Flo customer service. That being said, I don't like that the MAF unit is located directly above the throttle body. This creates a lot of signal noise due to air pressure fluctations as it passes through the throttle body. A speed density with wideband O2 feedback would probably be just as accurate if not more accurate. And then you don't have to worry about the MAF as a restriction, or of it failing.

DeltaT
06-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Check out the Holley 950 Commander Pro, with the 50lb injectors. Comes with a very nice single plane manifold, pump, billet 4BBL throttle, all sensors, harness, etc. And there is a great 950 support forum over at Chevytalk.com in the EFI forum. I'm very happy with my small block version on the blown 383.

Jim

ProdigyCustoms
06-04-2009, 03:09 AM
Delta, your a very smart guy and have a pleasent experinace with a product that has made many others pull their hair out. There just is not a lot of Commander 950 happy customers.

We have had excellent sucsess with FAST XFI and Accel Thruster. The Thruster is better priced then the FAST. But still blows your $2500 budget by a fair bit. Your looking at $3800 for the Thruster kit complete with everything you need. The XFI will ease up over $4K and requires a additional 6 ignition box which is included in the Thruster package.

EFI69Cam
06-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Delta, your a very smart guy and have a pleasent experinace with a product that has made many others pull their hair out. There just is not a lot of Commander 950 happy customers.

We have had excellent sucsess with FAST XFI and Accel Thruster. The Thruster is better priced then the FAST. But still blows your $2500 budget by a fair bit. Your looking at $3800 for the Thruster kit complete with everything you need. The XFI will ease up over $4K and requires a additional 6 ignition box which is included in the Thruster package.

Sorry to jack the thread... Frank have you heard anything about the Gen 8 systems from Accel?

MonzaRacer
06-06-2009, 02:14 AM
Persoanlly I prefer the price/buildability of Megasquirt. Easy to adapt, owner repairable with specific skills.
and tons cheaper!

ProdigyCustoms
06-06-2009, 05:00 AM
Sorry to jack the thread... Frank have you heard anything about the Gen 8 systems from Accel?

Yeah, Mike Norris and I just got back from being certified in advanced Accel training a couple weeks ago and seen the Gen 8. The Gen 8 has incredible capabilities but is more suited toward mega amounts boost, multiple nitrous systems, seriously hard core stuff. The Thruster is really a amazing piece and for the money is the best bang for the buck system out there with lots of advanced capability, and easy to follow tuning screens. if you runing streetable boost, 1 stage of nitrous or NA, the Thruster is the snizitz right now.