PDA

View Full Version : Replacement '67 vent window frame

67SS
04-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Does anybody know where to buy replacement metal frames for the door vent windows. Mine either need to be rechromed or replaced, I've has a set on back order w/ Classic Ind. for three months now & they tell me it may be another 6 before they have a supplier. My car is almost done-help

class67
04-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Just have yours re-chromed....I did that, they look great and I have not had any problems.

dhutton
04-17-2009, 04:11 PM
There is a fairly nice pair on ebay right now. You could also try Firewheel Classics, he seems to keep a good inventory.

Van B
04-17-2009, 04:14 PM
I bought a second set and had them rechromed. I will have a set for sale shortly, but they will need rechroming also.

Sparky67
04-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Does anybody know where to buy replacement metal frames for the door vent windows. Mine either need to be rechromed or replaced, I've has a set on back order w/ Classic Ind. for three months now & they tell me it may be another 6 before they have a supplier. My car is almost done-help

Get your's rechromed. I had mine done at a local company in Dayton, Ohio and they look brand new. Quality Custom Polishing is the local company, and here is their website. http://qualitycustompolishing.net/main.htm Personally, I would stay away from reproduction chrome, it dents very easy.

Jeff

http://www.kodakgallery.com/67rscamaro

texasdvldog
04-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Just have yours re-chromed....I did that, they look great and I have not had any problems.

where do you go to get your stuff done? I want to get my bumpers redone.

class67
04-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Armando, I had a place in Stockton do my work, that has since gone out of business after changing hands.

There is a place in Modesto that my buddy who owns a body shop is using....I can get the name of it for you, if you would like?

texasdvldog
04-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Armando, I had a place in Stockton do my work, that has since gone out of business after changing hands.

There is a place in Modesto that my buddy who owns a body shop is using....I can get the name of it for you, if you would like?

Yes Sir, I would appreciate it! :worship: