PDA

View Full Version : Preview: Adjust-A-Stick™ adapter kit.

Steve Chryssos
04-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Following on the success of our adjustable shifter sticks, is this new Adjust-A-Stick™ kit that provides the same benefits, but works with any stick as long as it has the traditional 7/8" bolt spacing.
Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best. You've converted your car from a side mount shifter (i.e. Muncie 4 speed) to an internal rail top mount shifter (Tremec, Richmond, etc.) but you just can't seem to get the stick ergonomics quite right. What do you do? Most people just deal with it. Others buy three or four sticks in search of perfect ergonomics. Custom console? You guys have an even tougher time finding the right stick.

Here's an easy, affordable solution that puts the shifter ball right where you want it without breaking the bank:
The new Twist Machine® Adjust-A-Stick™ Kit permits fore/aft adjustment of your shifter stick. Additionally, it allows for center (shown) as well as 3/8" left or right offset. Price will be $42.95 including cad plated adapter and hardware or from $119.00 when purchased with one of our ProStyle™ shifter sticks. Adjust-A-Stick™ pre-orders are being accepted by phone. You will not be charged until the kit ships. ETA on or about May 15th. Currently undergoing field testing (thanks Mike Bassi)

The steel adapter plate bolts to your shifter stub:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

And your stick bolts to the adapter:

Center mount is shown below, or you can offset left or right:

Adjust 'til your happy and tighten bolts. It's that easy.
Thanks for looking
/Steevo

Patent Pending :look:

cheapthrillz
04-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Very simple indeed! Looks like it's going to be a good product.

Production will be cad plated steel? Is billet aluminum too soft?

Steve Chryssos
04-17-2009, 09:12 AM
At 3/8" material thickness, aluminum would be too soft. Aluminum wouldn't fail right a way, but it would work-harden and fail down the line--most likely at the slot. So steel it is.....

protour_chevelle
04-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Personally I think you should offer your own stick, and have some kind of knurling or tracking aids when clamped together. Some times I get quite aggressive and I can guarantee I could make that slip with some spirited shifting. We tend to abuse things, and I see it slipping.

Just my opinion. I like the idea a lot, just thinking out loud.

Rhino
04-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Fantastic Idea! I would second having some sort of a mechanical lock, however, I realize that we would no longer be looking at the $40ish price range.
That would also be difficult to do without also doing your own custom shifter.

Steve Chryssos
04-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Point well taken. The adapters will ship with a rough finished surface in the clamping area. Most shifter sticks are also rough finished. Once tightened, it ain't gonna move.

protour_chevelle
04-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Point well taken. The adapters will ship with a rough finished surface in the clamping area. Most shifter sticks are also rough finished. Once tightened, it ain't gonna move.
Cool, didn't want to step on any toes but figured I'd throw it out there for some constructive criticism.

mazspeed
04-20-2009, 06:48 AM
I think Steve's design is great, and I will test the shifter this week and let everyone know, but for guys like me that have a center console, this is a good way to go. Thanks again Steve

Mad_Crazy_Dad
04-29-2009, 04:54 PM
That's pretty cool!

Mark68
04-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Steve, my name is Mark and I ordered one of your shifter sticks awhile ago for my '68 RS/SS Camaro with a Muncie shifter and console. When I received it and tried to install it, I found that there was no way it would work. Will this adapter now allow your stick to work on my shifter and console set-up? Let me know if it will and how I can get one to check out.

Thanks,
Mark

Steve Chryssos
05-01-2009, 04:39 AM
Hi Mark,
That's exactly what it means. Use any bolt on stick. Just give me a call.

Mark68
05-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi Mark,
That's exactly what it means. Use any bolt on stick. Just give me a call.

Steve,

Please PM me your number so I can give you a call.

Thanks,
Mark

hotrdblder
05-01-2009, 05:44 PM
www.twistmachine.com

MrQuick
06-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Very nice, you can use aluminum but instead of a lower hole going slotted, you can have 5-6 predrilled holes. That design would be stronger.