PDA

View Full Version : 69 Camaro Rear Disc's

smittys69
03-15-2005, 06:33 PM
Looking for an inexpensive way to change over to rear discs on my 69 camaro. I've looked thru this forum and haven't found anything. I just purchased a front disc set-up from Matts Classic Bowties which includes everything up front and the 11" booster and mastercylinder. I would like to get rid of the rear drums (looks mainly) and would rather not shell out another $500 to get the disc setup. Please offer some suggestions as well as what I might expect to spend on it. Also, will my new booster / master cyl support the rear disc setup ok? Thanks a bunch guys

Ralph LoGrasso
03-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Tim,

I'm not sure how well this setup would work in conjunction with what you've got, but most guys have a fair amount of luck doing the LS1 rear brake swap. I've never done it myself so I don't have pics, but quite a few here have done it. If you shop around and are willing to do some fab work (and if it'll work with your front system) you could probably do the rear LS1 brakes for $300 or cheaper.

indyjps
03-16-2005, 06:27 PM
do a search for torker camaro, it will take you to the site that outlines an lt1 brake swap, the ls1 is also very popular. if you dont have to have a parking brake (auto trans, looks like from your website) there are very reasonable circle track style disc brakes out there using mid 70's big car calipers and brackets from speedway or equivalent. what rearend are you running. i need to pm you about the wiper install, looking to hijack your plans, help a guy out

smittys69
03-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Actually, I am swapping to an auto trans and it looks like the LT1 swap is the way to go (from what I understand) but could sure use some more input. Also, in case it matters, I am running 17" billet specialties wheels. Thanks guys

MikeDVC
03-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Here is the link for the torker camaro.

http://www.geocities.com/torkerscamaro/torker.html