PDA

View Full Version : Attention LS1/6 owners

68ls1
08-23-2004, 04:19 AM
Are there any of you who have/are using the NOS Noszle system? It's the kit that places the 'noszles' under the factory injectors. I'm really liking the way it's set up and was looking for some feedback on it's operation and performance. Just to check, my 02 LS1 should be able to handle a 125 shot no problem......right?

Thanks for the input.

Chill, Noel.

Stu Seitz
08-23-2004, 09:00 AM
A LS1 should be able to handle a wet shot of up to 100, and if you upgrade your fuel pump it goes up 150. That's what my ls1/ls6 high performace book says, this is all on stock internals which i'm guessing you have.

68ls1
08-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Stock internals save for a cam upgrade. I will be running an Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump though so that shouldn't be a concern. Thanks for the info Stuart.

Chill, Noel.

Steve1968LS2
08-24-2004, 07:18 AM
I would check the nitrous section on www.LS1tech.com ... im pretty sure a couple people are running the new nozzel system :)

Im gonna bottle feed mine eventually but I dont know what system I will use yet..

Novacane
08-24-2004, 10:01 PM
I do a ton of GEN3 engine work. The weakest part of the LS1 motor is the pistons. You can definately run a 100 shot no problem. Make sure you change to the colder TR6 plugs and run good gas. If you bump to a 150 shot keep your ears open for possible detonation. Is the motor currently modified??

The LS1's like to break the ring lands off under hard detonation. Seen it a million times! If you really want to run a 150 shot you should get the car tuned with LS1 Edit and knock some timing out.

Are you looking at the direct port system?

JL8Jeff
08-25-2004, 05:11 AM
One of the guys in our club was running a modified 125 shot(I think he drilled it out to approx 175 range) on his 99 SS. I think he had some head work done, cam, headers and MAF translator and had the car running 10.58 in the 1/4 mile. He had more trouble with the head gaskets than he did with the pistons.

Novacane
08-25-2004, 06:37 PM
Head gaskets are cheap compared to pistons. Sounds like your friend has either a problem with the deck surfaces or is installing the heads incorrectly. We have run shots over 300 on modified LS1's with over 12:1 compression with no problems.

I just wanted to warn the guy before he has to dig deep into his pockets!

DonTalarico
08-25-2004, 07:25 PM
Speaking of LS1's in first gens, does anyone have a site that shows and explains all the fabrication, work, and electronic rigging it takes to make one work in a 1st gen? I'm liking the idea of a LS1 in my '67.

chicane67
08-25-2004, 09:12 PM
American Touring Specialties (www.t56kit.com/) is currently in developement of just such a kit and will be marketing a complete installation kit to the requirements of your specific chassis.

The biggest concerns are the oil pan and the exhaust headers/manifolds. We have taken care of both challenges by utilizing the expertise of Aviad Competition Oil Systems (http://www.aviaid.com/) for the fabrication of a custom oil pan and Bob Butler to stitch the tubes together to form the headers.

I do not know if Tyler has updated the web page for the LSxx engine and drivetrain as of yet, but stay tuned for more information or drop Tyler an e-mail at [email protected]

Matt
08-27-2004, 11:08 AM
A friend of mine is switching to that kit as we speak.

If you are running nitrous a good deal is the patriot heads/cam package from texas speed...my roommate is installing that on his T/A within the next week, and teaming that with a 200wet shot, should go mid tens at 5800'