PDA

View Full Version : poker run, NC

dusterbd13
04-13-2009, 09:45 AM
I've gotten involved in helping to organize and run a poker run for a local charity. They've been doing motorcycles for the last 16 years, and this year we're doing cars and trucks as well. So, I'm working on advertising it on all the forums I'm a member of, as well as the car clubs I'm involved with. Feel free to take the attached flyer and spread it around on other forums you're a memnber of, print it out and send it to folks, e-mail it, etc. Just talk the thing up a bit, as I would love to make it a sucess.

The event is family oriented. That means no drinking, drugs, etc. Also, it is not a protected run, which means that if you spin tires, speed, drag, etc, the cops can and will get you. There are completely separate routes for the cars and bikes. only thing shared will be the beginning and end points. So you'll get to see some nice bikes as well.

It's from 9:00 AM-about 4:00 PM on June 13th, 2009.

Biscuits are provided for breakfast, and a full barbeque lunch is provided.
Cash for the winner of the poker run, and a few trophies, as well as some door prizes are also part of the day.

A support vehicle and repair assistance will be provided by Hellbilly Hotrods.

Also, the route will be right at 75-100 miles long, with a few scheduled stops to draw your poker hand, use the bathroom, and stretch your legs. It will be through the scenic areas and back roads of Stanly and surrounding counties in NC, 40 miles east of Charlotte.

What we need are participants, a little word of mouth advertising, etc. We have most of the door prizes, but if a vendor wants to help out, we'd love it.

If you have any questions, or would like the origonal PDF document of the flyer to print, feel free to PM me, or e-mail me at [email protected] ([email protected])
We can help point you in the direction of good hotels, other things in the area, etc if you want to com from out of town and make a weekend of it.

Thanks
Michael

Tucks69
04-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Hey Michael

If I am not working I will see if I can make it up there. I like the car idea as well as motorcycles. Had a Harley but I still prefer the cars.

My wife may put on a Road Rally this fall. I will let you know maybe you can come down and check it out.

dusterbd13
04-14-2009, 06:06 PM
great!! hope to see you. and a guy from hamlet. who woulda guessed?

michael

Tucks69
04-15-2009, 01:26 AM
I live in Hamlet now, but I grew up in Oakboro. Graduated from West Stanly in 88 and moved here. I was in Albemarle saturday watching the Fast and Furious at the Drive In.

dusterbd13
04-15-2009, 04:25 AM
cool. i migrated here from tenn. a few years ago. and i love the fact that we have a drive in. hopefully, enough people know about it that it stays open.