PDA

View Full Version : Who adds sumps to new fuel tanks?

JJSmitches
03-14-2005, 05:00 PM
I would like to add a sump to my fuel tank or a NEW fuel tank.

Does anyone know who might be able to sell me a new fuel tank AND modify it by adding a sump before they ship it out to me?

How much should I expect to pay for this work?

Ralph LoGrasso
03-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Do you want a repro tank with a sump added to it, or a new fuel tank w/ a sump? Matt of RFRCustomFab would probably be able to set you up either way. www.rfrcustomfab.com

JJSmitches
03-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Id like a reproduction tank with a sump added, I think its the most cost effective way of going about it.

Ralph LoGrasso
03-14-2005, 09:36 PM
I agree, it's definitely the most cost effective way of doing it. I have one of Matt's sumps that he built for me as a sample piece lying around here somewhere. At the time I was thinking of going the same route, but have since decided to do a custom fuel cell.

68protouring454
03-15-2005, 03:09 AM
ralph, is this the second fuel cell you are having built?? what happend with the first one, why are you not using it??was it all messed up?
jake

Ralph LoGrasso
03-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Jake,

It's not messed up at all. It's a bit of a long story, but basically my design and needs changed from when the first cell was built by JP. I still have the fuel cell JP made me, it's a nice piece. I plan on using it down the road.

68protouring454
03-16-2005, 05:20 AM
oh, i thought there wer some serious issues with it, you just went a different direction with the rear suspension?? cool, can't wait to see the rfr cell
jake

Ralph LoGrasso
03-16-2005, 12:12 PM
I went a different direction with the rear suspension, and also the design of the rear of the car/trunk. No issues with it, though. RFR cell will be a few months off, I need to get the rear suspension installed, and then build a mockup cell.

dslwizard
01-05-2006, 12:22 PM
I bought a couple of battery boxes from a man on Ebay. While I waited for them to arrive, I asked if he would do a sump in a new stock fuel tank. He said he would. I also thought I would treat the tank with a Zinc-Phosphate to stop the spots that will rust as a result of the heat. I have that information at home if you think it will help. ran out of money for a stock tank at the moment.
mike