PDA

View Full Version : '73-'74 nova hatchback headliner...

cornerblade
04-02-2009, 09:54 AM
What are people doing with these? Mines all bowed and falling down and breaking. I havent been able to finsd a new one. My car is going to be more of a rat/pro-tourer, so I am just thinking about yanking it out and painting the cieling. Any guidance?

ebncrdr
04-02-2009, 10:15 AM
You can either do a conversion to a bow type headliner or get an original hardboard headliner. They are now making them out of plastic instead of the cardboard.

cornerblade
04-02-2009, 10:46 AM
oh yeah? Where can you pic up an original style one in plastic?

cornerblade
04-02-2009, 03:09 PM
found one on E-Bay. Anyone used a plastic version of this yet? For the money ($259.00) I think I am just going to pull my headliner out and paint the roof for now...

ebncrdr
04-02-2009, 04:18 PM
oh yeah? Where can you pic up an original style one in plastic?

Year One, Classic Industries, J&W Nova, etc. I recently did the bow conversion and it is ok. You def have more head room with the plastic headliner. As soon as the funds allow I am going to install a plastic one covered in suede.

cornerblade
04-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Wow, i had no idea they made one. This is a project I stated a few years back, and unfortunatley I lost my way, but I am back on it now.

cornerblade
04-02-2009, 05:25 PM
EBNCRDR, Also do you have pics of your bow kit installation? where did you buy it? Do you think it was easier to put in than the plastic one? Wanna sell your bow kit when you buy the plastic one?

ebncrdr
04-02-2009, 07:40 PM
I dont have pics of the installation, but I can get you a pic of the headliner installed. I would say the plastic headliner is BY FAR easier. With the hatch it basically slides right in and is held up by the dome light, sunvisors, and the front and rear headliner trim pieces.

The bow kit took a good bit of time to install. The kit is basically 3 steel bows and the headliner material. The toughest part is getting the material tight and wrinkle free.

The bow kit is by far cheaper, around $60 if I remember correctly. IMO the plastic when covered looks far better and makes the interior look a little more modern, and the added head room is a def a plus. As for selling my kit to you it may be quite awhile. It is far down the list as I have bigger plans in the works!

cornerblade
04-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Shoot me a pic of the headliner in the car. Pm me where you picked the kit up too!

ebncrdr
04-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Sorry it took me so long to get these up. Here are a few of the headliner (excuse the flash). Like I said if I were to do it over again I would use the hardboard headliner.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/04/P4160680-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/04/P4160683-1.jpg