PDA

View Full Version : learning the language ls's

JoJos T.A
03-28-2009, 08:36 AM
hello everyone, im in need of " what can i get away with, and still go to heaven" type of information on putting a '05 ls6 into a '79 t.a. (hopefully "we" can do this with out making my "accountant" (read as my wife) make me sleep with the dog, again) im an old schooler, needing to get up on the new school of small blocks. all i have right now is the car and the engine. I'm hoping that with the wisdom of the guru's on this site, i can get this project done without going broke or divorced. thank you in advance.......shag.

6'9"Witha69
03-28-2009, 08:54 AM
First off, welcome to the board.

The next stop is the LSx forum and the search function. Lots of guys here have done them and shared their experience.

Another place for general LS knowledge would be LS1tech.com. Everything LS related is discussed there.

2xcelr8
03-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Thanx alot. I'll be checking everything out! Bill

1971CHEVELLE
03-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Welcome to the site

brans72
03-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Welcome!!! advice join ls1tech.com then for to conversions and hybirds and read stickies!!!! I have learned alot from them and still learning. also you need to know if you wanna more your engine forward/back etc before buying anything!!! mounts and a/c play a big part in what mounts to use. do you have a wiring harness already??? Either way you can do it yourself if you understand etc wiring diagrams and all or send it to Speartech (#1 choice) or wait4meperformance (#2) just my thoughts. OH look through andrews build on the red 70 GTO alot of good knowledge this guy has and is very friendly!!!! Alot of great guys out there also so ask all ?'s you want to. Brandon

Ralph LoGrasso
03-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Welcome to the site.