PDA

View Full Version : The first annual ProTouring.com Daytona BikeWeek reunion

ProdigyCustoms
03-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Not really, but it sounds nice. Left to right, Bill Howell, Steve (streetfytr68), Lisa, the Prodigy babe, and me, the Prodigy daddy, at BikeWeek last night. While we had never met before, we all formed a quick friendship that we are sure will last a lifetime.
This board is really full of great people as I have had the chance to meet many of you in person now.
I included a couple random shots of the scene at BikeWeek. We kept it under control, but the option was there to let it rip if we so decided. Good friends, good bands, killer bikes, hot babes and cold beer, what more could one ask for?

Steve Chryssos
03-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Man! What a scene!!. An enteire town is transformed into a wild party on wheels. Just picture streets lined with motorcycles with an endless parade of bikes passing by. Every bar has a live rock N roll band playing. In one evening, we checked out acts Jackyl, Crash, and the Razorbacks. And if you get bored of listening to kick-ass music--just hang out by the curb and watch the freakshow roll past.

I was able to share this experience with some great people. Thank you Frank, Lisa and Bill for a big time. I'll be back for Octoberfest.

zbugger
03-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Wow. That looks like a great time there. Good to see someone having fun.

Ralph LoGrasso
03-13-2005, 12:53 PM
That looks like some fun!!

Bill Howell
03-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Well hello everyone. After a 11 1/2 hour drive home, I am beat. Bike week is always a killer time and a must attend for me every year. Ditto Frank and Steve on the new friendships formed this week. Look forward to the repeat shortly. I know that we are on the east coast, but we have fun over here too :cheers: Before anyone starts, no we had not had too many adult beverages. That was taken about 1am this morning and that is really late for us old guys.

EDIT: BTW we saw several bikes this week with 360 rear tires! Not sure they would be very streetable but they are impressive just sitting still.

Nine Ball
03-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Very cool. I had two buddies (both own pro-touring 1st gen Camaros) ride their Harleys out there from Houston this past week. I need like 6 weeks of vacation per year so I can attend things like this!

Tony

OHCbird
03-14-2005, 05:25 AM
FL is mad from Feb to April- each week there is something new.

I'd say I saw you guys down there, but I did a daytime run-through with my son on Sat. Maybe next year...

Bill Howell
03-14-2005, 02:54 PM
After watching the news, it looks like we missed an interesting protest parade Sunday. It seems that there were about 200 men and women that marched a couple blocks shirtless to protest the fact that men could go around topless and women couldn't. I have to admit I agree with that logic and I am willing to sign a petition if asked to. :naughty:
Bad news is usually the ones participating in such activity need to keep their shirts on.

OHCbird
03-15-2005, 04:55 AM
Eeeeeew....

Steve68
03-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Steevo, Bill, (Frank I can see you anytime), Sorry I missed you guys at the shop, I called Frank on Fri, and he said you guys had already came by, Since I/we had no kids this weekend and I had a ton of house rebuilding to do, I wasn't ready for Bike week, maybe next time, I'm 30 min from Franks, Later Steve