PDA

View Full Version : Can't close a thread ?

oldcarguy
03-22-2009, 03:01 PM
OK, operator error I guess, why can I not clost a thread I posted item for sale, when I go to Edit, advanced, should thee be an option to close ?

Damn True
03-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Not an option available to members. Which thread is it? I can close it.

oldcarguy
03-22-2009, 04:12 PM
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?p=494753#post494753

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51196&highlight=griffin

I sold the rad & was going to repost the trailer, thanks for the help

zbugger
03-22-2009, 04:23 PM
You want them both closed?

oldcarguy
03-22-2009, 06:01 PM
yes please

oldcarguy
03-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Thanks, also if one of the Moderators are still on, why did my post under For Sale work a few months ago, but now doesn't ? did the Min. on post change ?

zbugger
03-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Well, I closed both of them for you. The minimum for posts to sell went up to 50. We prefer that active members who help out can sell to eachother instead of this site being used just to sell stuff.

oldcarguy
03-22-2009, 06:41 PM
well I understand the reason, "for not just using it as a for sale", I actually joined LONG before I ever posted a for sale, after I met some memebers at a car show, & I started a PT build, I joined the site, while I enjoy reading the post & occanisionally posting replys when possible, I don't have the time luxury some have to spend on the computer, time if spare is spent in the garage !
Too bad for the change, your response seems some what unfriendly, not what I expereinced with those I met in the beginning, & since I was simply trying to clean-up old post,
thanks anyway

zbugger
03-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Sorry for sounding unfriendly. That wasn't my intent. I can see if you can get grandfathered in. The change was actually recent. We had a few too many people using the site to just sell stuff and that's not the intent of the board here. Like I said, I'll see what I can do for you.

oldcarguy
03-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks, No bad vibe meant ! Just I joined back in 07, never posted a for sale until Dec 08,really like the site, just happens to be "time to sell a few things" what better place to sell car parts than to car guys,,,,,,,,,so I can send more money to DSE, or Be Cool, etc, etc or somebody !!!!
I promse to post more if I get out of detention !