PDA

View Full Version : Air line

73novaguy
03-12-2005, 05:19 AM
Heres the dilema,
I have a new Craftsmen Professional compressor with a max of 150 PSI, and ran 3ft rubber line from the compressor to the regulator and 3ft rubber line from the regulator/filter to the hard lines on the walls. I seem to be leaking air (lost 40 lbs over a 48 hour period) right around the regulator/filter. I didn't know if I could use some sort of braided line with AN fittings and if that would have better seal protection! Basically all of the hard lines are 3/4 Type M copper and none of the sweats have leaks, but the fittings and rubber lines do and I can physically hear them leak. What have you all done?

68protouring454
03-12-2005, 06:06 AM
what kind of rubber??
i would go to napa and get a hydaulic hose made up in the size you need then adapt it to pipe thread so it will go to your compressor then you probaly have a 3/4 pipe thread fitting sweated on the copper so you can hook it there, jus use rector seal or pipe dope on the connections and it should be no problem
jake

parsonsj
03-12-2005, 06:28 PM
That's what I did: used a pipe to AN fitting on the compressor, then AN lines to my copper air lines. The air lines are 1" main, to 3/4" for each drop, then 1/2" through the filters (water seperaters), then 3/8" to the tool.

jp