PDA

View Full Version : Just had to join...

-The Stig-
03-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Nessumsar is my bud from forever ago... and, yes that is a legitimate scale of time according to Chuck Norris.

He kept telling me about this site, I even have video of him drunk on this website trying to describe some badass Camaro. Pretty funny I might add.

He drug my butt to the Good Guys car show this past weekend in Costa Mesa and I was riding shotgun with him in the autocross event... and helping push his car when we weren't running. Weight reduction Jon!!!

On Sunday I brought out the Pontiac G8 GT to the autocross event, see how she would do. Well, the Auto-boat pulled down a 31.4 it's last run. Not to bad for a 4,000lb family sedan.

The only pics I have of the car at the event:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/03/g8autox-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/03/g8drifty1-1.jpg

I'll refrain from posting more pics of a stock car that really isn't all that great in comparison to some cars here... plus you can see one on any Pontiac lot around. Nobody buys them.:hmm:

ed1le
03-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Love the G8! If I were in the market for a new car that would definitely be my first choice!

Ralph LoGrasso
03-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Welcome to the site. Nice G8!

1971CHEVELLE
03-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Welcome to the site

srh3trinity
03-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Nice car, I have been a fan of them since they brought them to the US. How nimble do they drive? Does it have pretty good ride characteristics otherwise, i.e. long trips. I have thought about getting one, but I think I will probably keep my Trailblazer as a daily driver since it is paid for and put the money I would pay on a trade in for a G8 into a project car.

79-TA
03-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the site, fellow newbie! I'm still impressed with how well you took advantage of left foot braking with that car.

-The Stig-
03-17-2009, 09:35 PM
I got into the habit of doing it when racing Go-Karts... then started using it on the street or out in the back roads alternating my feet from left foot braking in the sweepers to heel-toe on the down shifts/braking in my old Datsun 240z. She wasn't the fastest thing in the world, but worlds of fun!

Like I said, the G8 doesn't have a clutch so my left foot gets bored just sitting there.

Did you end up trying it? How did it work for you?

-The Stig-
03-17-2009, 09:40 PM
I got into the habit of doing it when racing Go-Karts...

Speaking of which, anybody ever go to Dromo1 (http://www.dromo1.com/)? I haven't been in ages!

If anything, it makes for a good upper body workout steering the thing, and straining against the G forces. :rolleyes:

79-TA
03-17-2009, 10:05 PM
I've been to K1 a couple of times . . . their tracks have a ridiculous amount of grip. Sadly, I've never been to Dromo despite intending to go for over a year now.

In one run, I actually caught myself correcting a bit with my left foot without even thinking about it. I did use the left foot to brake in later runs, but I never rode both pedals simultaneously.