PDA

View Full Version : Peterson Anti Tour

Protour_Pinto
03-11-2005, 09:20 AM
Whos going to the Peterson Anti Tour? It leaves the main office on 6420 Wilshire Saturday March 19th. I think they are going to Az for some drags and Go Cart racing then back on Sunday night.

I was going to go to snap some pics.

Protour_Pinto
03-17-2005, 11:02 PM
http://carcraft.com/eventcoverage/116_0503_anti/

alcino
03-18-2005, 09:44 AM
I'm going on the anti-tour. Well, I'll be at the events in phoenix, but I'm going to leave from San Diego. I wanted to meet up at Wilshire, but I'm taking a buddy and don't want to add another 3 hours to the trip to inconvenience him. Aren’t I nice?

I'll be driving a blue 76 mustang ii cobra. Say hello if you see me
Alcino

socalfandabodys
03-18-2005, 04:14 PM
I really wanted to go, but the cars not totally ready yet. Please post pics so I can feel like crap.

alcino
03-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Just got back. I only went to the drag racing part. It was really fun. Surprisingly not a big turnout. But that allowed basically unlimited runs for only $20! I ended up going down the strip 18 times and this was with a few breaks in between to watch other cars race from the stands. I did see the el camino with flames that was on the cover of car craft of hotrod a while back parked, and the editor David Freiburger taking pics of peoples cars as they staged and launched.

The best part was beating my buddies stock 2001 mustang cobra. I was beating him off the line and pulling away to the 1/8th mile mark by one to two car lengths, but he would get with in a few feet by the end. A few times I was have some kind of boggin issue and lost. my buddy thought I was letting off the gas. I think my carb was starving for fuel at the topend, will look into that. On my last run with no passengers I broke into the 13s with a 13.935@98mph. my car feels peppy so I gained a lot of respect for people whos cars run sub 12s. That must feel really fast.

The second best part was my car not breaking down from the 6 hour voyage from san diego to phoenix and back.
Alcino