PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Camarolund
03-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Hello,

I would like to say HI to every one, this is my first time posting hope I am at the right place here doing this. I have been working on my 1969 Camaro for years now. I bought the car when I was in school 1976 and disassembled the car in 1986 and still working on it. I had first installed a LT1 motor and when the LS1 came out I decided to sell the LT1 and install a LS motor with T-56 transmission. All was going OK and now decided to install Quadra Link rear suspension and smooth out the firewall so everything came apart again and paint removed.
Question that I have is how to wire the engine electrical to the car. The wiring harness for the engine and computer box was done by speed scene four years ago. What is the best way to wire in the alternator and starter? I will be going to a larger fuse block reason is that I am installing electric windows and shaving the door handle and trunk lock.

Thanks,

Camarolund
:lurk:

68Formula
03-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the board. Sounds like a great project.

This post should be in the section above this one called "Welcome To Our Message Board / New Cars."

Then your question regarding wiring should be seperate under the LSX section. You can delete the question from original post by clicking on it and editing. And then use the text to create a seperate post in the LSX.

Then kindly request the mods to move your first post to the appropriate section newbie section.

Ralph LoGrasso
03-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Welcome to the site.

icebird84
03-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Welcome to P.T

1971CHEVELLE
03-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Welcome to the site

Motown 454
03-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Welcome lets see some pictures

derekf
03-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Welcome aboard.

As others had mentioned, you'll want to put your electrical question in the appropriate section - either LSx or Electrical - as not everyone reads the Welcome section.

Additionally, we're asking folks to put their name (first, at least) in their signature, so when you get a chance, would you do so? Signature is set under User CP up on the top left.

Also - we love pics of cars, especially incomplete ones.