PDA

View Full Version : squeeks

paul67
03-10-2005, 12:10 PM
On my 67 camaro I have fitted new A arms which after some use have started to squeek is there anything I can use without stripping the suspension apart.

paul67

derekf
03-10-2005, 12:11 PM
What kind of bushings did you use and is there provision for squirting some grease in there?

paul67
03-10-2005, 12:19 PM
I used heavy duty polyurethane and theres no grease holes.

paul67

Joe_Rocket
03-10-2005, 12:36 PM
I originally ran the the polygraphite bushings which are supposed to be self lubricating, though I dumped them in favor of the delrin type bushings. They offer no squeeks and no binding.

I thought I've seen somewhere in the past that someone drilled and tapped the poly bushing sleeve for a grease fitting. But if you are going to go to the trouble of removing them for that, I'd just make the switch to the delrin type.

a67
03-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Try using oil on the bushings. I have some Mobil1 20-50W (synthetic) in a pump style can for general lube duties. Squirt some at the ends of the bushings and let it wick in. May first want to put a little newspaper under each. They can drip for the first couple of minutes (depends upon amount of applied oil).

Stops the squeaks. And the poly bushing manufactuers claim they are impervious to oil, grease, ozone, . . .

Bob.

Mean 69
03-11-2005, 10:46 AM
is there anything I can use without stripping the suspension apart.

Assuming you mean a semi-permanent fix, no, there isn't. Poly is not the best choice of suspension bushings, even the graphite impregnated units aren't good. What is even worse than the fact that make noise in the first place, is "why" they are making noise. The worst word in the world of suspension: bind.

Sorry,
Mark

paul67
03-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the help will try the oil, what are delirn bushes and where can you get them, and do they come in differing sizes.
thanks paul67
anylinks would be helpful

68BNUT
03-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey paul you can get the delrin or delalum from global west or DSE and they will come in the size you need.