PDA

View Full Version : 72 Chevelle

t72ss402
03-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Starting on my 72 chevelle. I will get some pics and post them as soon as i can.

Car is going to be more of a "restomod".

Already rebuilt front suspension with poly bushings. Have not decided on how I am going to lower the front yet but am looking to lower it about 2" inches or so.

rear is a bolt in 9" And again want to lower the rear but have not decided how.

Wheels? Big, but not to big.

And do need a name but have not came up with one yet.

Car is going to be Yellow with black racing stripes.

1971CHEVELLE
03-06-2009, 04:56 AM
:postpics::)

t72ss402
06-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Ok finally got to posting some pics.

Will add some pics of the rear quaters on to the car later.

1badchevelle
06-18-2009, 06:30 PM
this may sound like a dumb ? but what it the part for in the center on the back were the set goes? aluminum in color. I that the gas vent? or?????

t72ss402
06-19-2009, 05:01 PM
this may sound like a dumb ? but what it the part for in the center on the back were the set goes? aluminum in color. I that the gas vent? or?????

Frankly, I dont know. I think it is some type of filter/vent or something. The fuel tank has 3 lines going to it from the top of the tank.

Oh and since my car is going to be yellow with a black racing strips I was thinking about calling it "Operation Banana Split". What do you guys think?

GenPac
06-22-2009, 02:34 PM

It's direct ported gas fumes. It makes you feel like you're going faster, but you're not... just high. :)

I know for sure my '69 Chevelle does NOT have that tube. I'll second that nomination of banana split -- seeing as though, in it's early stages, it is awful split up!