PDA

View Full Version : Here's my preoperative surgical presentation

raf0419
02-24-2009, 08:55 PM
I bought this '67 Camaro in 1991 from a guy who started to do a pro street conversion....I was a college kid on a budget. It was a stripped down car with little more than a body, seats and carpet. I rebuilt a small block 400 from the old family wagon ('70 Impala), dropped it in, and drove this car it's primer black state until I wrecked it in 1993. I told my car buddy at the time I wanted to turn this car into a low riding corner carver and he thought I was nuts. About two years later (1995) I asked his dad, a true 60's muscle car historian and diehard MOPAR man, "Hey - how hard do you think it would be to put a Corvette suspension in this thing?" He simply stated it would be ridiculous and only someone with lots of shop tools and little sense would attempt it. Little did I know a bunch of others out there had the same idea. At any rate, my 'baby' has been hopping from house to house, barn to barn ever since as my goal was to do much of the work myself. After 17 years of school, marriage, career, and kids I realized that by the time I get to this project I'll be retired and possibly too old to drive the darn thing. So, she's now in the hands of professionals. I'm tickled pink to be quite honest. I'll keep you posted. (This is my first time trying to attach an image. If I can't get it to work I'll repost later...)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

BossaNova
02-25-2009, 04:54 AM
Cool story.

Give us some "before" pics and plans for your car.

1971CHEVELLE
02-25-2009, 05:20 AM
hi sounds like real good protect....post some pics