PDA

View Full Version : tubbed 67 fastback

Travis77
03-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of a 67/68 mustang with at least 315's on them. Have come across several 65-66 with 295's, and a few 69's with 315's, but no 67 with 315's. When I first got the car I was not planning to mini tub, nor have as much hp, it's weird how things like this change. Anyway, I have a reworked 28 spline 9" that is stock width that is under the car now. Let's say I go with 18x12's, would this look stupid without narrowing it? I am just wondering, but actually it looking odd might be a good excuse for upgrading to 31 spline narrowed rear. I really want a well balanced car, and everyone here knows how expensive wide rims are. Any imputs would be greatly appreciated.

Restomod
03-08-2005, 06:47 PM
I would say that the best thing to do (like I did on my 68 Coupe) is to buy the rim/tire combo you want and make the car fit them. Do the wells the way you want them and narrow the rear to the correct width. That way you end up with the total package/look you wanted without having to give up one thing or anouther to get it.