PDA

View Full Version : T-56 hole in tranny tunnel

Happyfunballs
03-08-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm going from an automatic (67 camaro) to a T-56 was wondering the EXACT placement for the hole in the tunnel. I don't have the stock 4 speed hole for a reference. I have Tylers video, but I believe it references the stock hole and some studs.(Perhaps my memory is going, I'll review the vid to make certain) Does anyone have a way to convey the EXACT postition of the hole? You may need to know that the engine is a chev 350 and the T-56 is out of a late model F body. Thanks guys.

TPI Monte SS
03-08-2005, 02:33 PM
You could do what I did when we converted my previously auto-equipped car to stick. Since every car is different, I wouldn't go by someone else's markings or reference points.

Install the trans and cover the shifter opening with duct-tape. Use a centerpunch to mark the four corners of the shifter on the inside of the tunnel. Then, you'll be able to use those points as a guide, and drill a series of small holes all around the perimeter of the shifter. Use a Dremel with a metal cutoff wheel and play connect-the-dots with the drilled holes, and you'll have a nice piece of metal to remove when finished.

See this page on my site - www.bowtiepower.com/T5conversionP2.html - for more info.

Happyfunballs
03-08-2005, 03:06 PM
That is a nice way of doing it...for sure. However, I was attempting to take the easy way out first. Push comes to shove, I'll do it this way.....thanks.