PDA

View Full Version : G'Day New member from Australia

68BirdinOz
02-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Hi Everyone,
Have been viewing many threads here for some time and am finding heaps of great advice. I am a Canadaian living in Australia. I have finally brought my 68 Bird here after 11 years in storage. Have had the car for 17 years. Started off as a California Car, very solid. Tossed in an interior from a parts car and a 400 from a GTO. Then I hit an even more solid pole at 60MPH. The pole stopped at the block. I fixed it, new subframe and almost everything else from the windshield forward just before I put it away to move to Australia. Hopefully the pics can be viewed.

I amazed at the availability and price of parts now compared to 12 years ago. Except I must double the price by the time I get them here. I put a TKO600 in it as my Muncie had blown and a Goodmark hood before I shipped it here. $8k to get it to Oz. I must now get compliance to Aussie standards, Seat belts headlights and a few other minor things plus a safety also. Unfortunately I must wait before I get anything new performance pieces but I can't wait to get this thing to handle and stop a whole lot better than it does now as I'm not to keen on any more poles jumping in front of me!
Cheers

1971CHEVELLE
02-17-2009, 01:51 AM
Welcome to the site

neki67
02-17-2009, 02:43 AM
Hi welcome to the site, love the F'bird but don't know 'bout that shady guy with the beard and glasses behind the wheel . . . . :naughty:

Wow, 8k for transporting your car to Australia . . . . . . There are cheaper ways, you know. PM me if you need more info for future shipments.

JEFFTATE
02-17-2009, 05:22 AM
Welcome to the site !!

icebird84
02-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Welcome to P.T