PDA

View Full Version : Needing a Power Booster

Happyfunballs
03-07-2005, 01:23 PM
I have the Baer master cylinder and I need a power booster. However, I don't think I can use a 13" booster as it will rub tall valve covers. Therefore, I need an smaller booster that is a "dual diaphragm power vacuum booster" and I'm having trouble finding one. Jegs sells a chrome one and I don't plan on paying the cost for the chrome and painting it black. Any suggestions? Part numbers? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I did call Baer and they didn't have any recommendations other than making sure that I purchase one that has a dual diaphram.

Mike72ss
03-07-2005, 01:39 PM
I think you meant an 11" booster as those are the most common GM brake boosters available. This place sells 9" dual diapham boosters in black gold or chrome. Here is the link: http://www.hotrodsusa.com/store/booster9.html (brake boosters) How much vaccum do you have available?

Mike

68BNUT
03-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Ive dealt with hotrodusa.com also good guy and they have plenty of choices on boosters

Happyfunballs
03-07-2005, 01:54 PM
You guys are friggin awesome. The engine is still being built at this point, so I don't know how much I have. I gave the engine builder that spec that Baer gave me, but I don't remember what it was. Thanks so much.

CliffS
03-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Why don't you try www.hydroboost.com. It will clear your valve covers and has a lot of other pro's.

Cliff

Happyfunballs
03-08-2005, 05:55 AM
My project had reached the point were every $100 counts. At this point, the $150 booster was the least expensive route. However, if my engine guy doesn't get me the 16-17 inches of vaccuum necessary, I may need to go this route. Thanks for the link.