PDA

View Full Version : Coil spring adjusters

68BNUT
03-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Ok guys im looking at getting some front coil spring adjusters but I need to know how to choose my front springs its for a 68 camaro and im looking at 750# springs but how do I know which ones to get that will give me drop and adjustability room???

thanks in advance

nkopper
03-07-2005, 11:51 AM
I assume you are talking about the Landrum spring adjusters like the ones first used on the Thrasher? If so, the spring you need is 5" diameter, 9.5" long.

Here's a pic: http://www.geocities.com/casanoc/

dennis68
03-07-2005, 12:19 PM
You need 9.5"X5" coils. Commonly referred to as stock car springs, only 2 sizes. The 5" fit the Camaro/Firebird and Nova, the 5.5" fit pretty much everything else.

Should look something like this-
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

68BNUT
03-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks Dennis actually I had done a search pre asking the question and came upon your web site thats were I got most of my info just didnt say what height I should order. I got the 700# affco springs, my camaro is probably just a bit lighter then your car plus at 44 bucks a pop no biggie to get some more.

zuess4u
03-07-2005, 02:08 PM
BNUTT, Dennis is the guy for this info for sure, We got ours in the mail the other day from speedway motors, they were 29.95 each, they look just like Dennis,s adjusters. www.Speedwaymotors.com the part number is 916-45552, we are running 650lbs Hypercoils and locating the adjuster on the lower control (so far), the web site was refered via David Pozzi. Good luck let us know your experience. Bob AZ.

wally8
03-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Hmmmm. I suppose you can mount them either way. I've only ever seen them mounted with the adjuster up in the pocket though. Of course now that I think of it, most I've seen were being used by people who were trying to hide them for cheating purposes.

Let us know how they work that way and if they're easy to adjust. pics would be good too.

I'm going to use the weld in's on mine but I like the idea of the drop in's too.

Wally

zuess4u
03-07-2005, 05:29 PM
For sure Wally, the hang up will be that the coil is open on the bottom, if we can get one end to sit flat this will work good, it puts the adjuster in a nice easy spot to adjust it. And yeah these were designed to cheat, but I dont see why we cant make it easier on our selves and try to put the adjuster on the lower control arm.

wally8
03-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Just mount the spring upside down too, right? At least that would work with a set of AFCO's.

Wally

zuess4u
03-07-2005, 06:48 PM
We, will have to see what these hypercoils look like, but yeah, well no, cause the adjuter, you would want the flat side on it, and you need a flat side in the upper spring bucket, unless Im confussed or making a bigger deal out it then ther needs to be. :rolleyes5