PDA

View Full Version : Well huh,,,!

MonzaRacer
02-08-2009, 02:42 PM
So I have had an amplifier setup from Marantz, turns out its super rare.
Marantz Model 750 comes with power block and 4 amplifier blocks, they are all seperate, and you run 3 wires out to the amp blocks. Its 1 ohm stable, makes 90 watts clean at 4 ohms, and the power block will run up to 5 amp blocks.
Had this unit since mid 90s and so far its awesome.
BUT just found out its super rare, only released in Japan, and only 1500 made.
Wow, no wonder I havent been able to find another one.
Ever pick up something electronics wise that was rare?

RSX302
02-25-2009, 10:32 PM
So I have had an amplifier setup from Marantz, turns out its super rare.
Marantz Model 750 comes with power block and 4 amplifier blocks, they are all seperate, and you run 3 wires out to the amp blocks. Its 1 ohm stable, makes 90 watts clean at 4 ohms, and the power block will run up to 5 amp blocks.
Had this unit since mid 90s and so far its awesome.
BUT just found out its super rare, only released in Japan, and only 1500 made.
Wow, no wonder I havent been able to find another one.
Ever pick up something electronics wise that was rare?

Can't say I've ever had anything rare. I remember having the 80's high end sound equipment...Realistic and Jensen...LOL

In the early days of car audio SQ amps, some companies separated the power supplies. Zapco was another... Not so much anymore with the so-called better electronic technology... I bet your Marantz will outlast any of todays amps by a long shot...This is where our advancements have taken us...Build better for cheaper? In todays market, manufacturers are always finding ways to build cheaper so people will buy product. Something will give and I think reliability (longevity) is what gave. We've created a world of throw away stuff. No more hand-me-downs of 20+yrs. I still use a gardening rake that was handed down by my Grandfather to my dad to me from the 60's.

I like to still think you get what you pay for, but sometimes thats not always true anymore.

I have a Clarion DRZ9255 AM/FM/CD that separates the power supply from the main unit. (which is a copper case) I dig it! :smoke:
I don't get to use it much, but so far no complaints... Sounds awesome.

Hang on to your Marantz...It may be worth a good penny some day in the antique market.

Damon777
02-28-2009, 06:12 AM
BAck when I was way into the car audio stuff, I had a few Phoenix Gold limited edition amps. The most noteworthy was Frank Amp'n Stein with S/N 003.