PDA

View Full Version : Wide band O2 sensor

69CamaroRacer
03-06-2005, 06:42 PM
I am looking to buy a wideband o2 sensor for my 69 Camaro.. It has a carb'd 383 and i was hope that someone here might have some suggestions...

Matt
03-06-2005, 07:21 PM
aem makes a pretty cheap one I know a lot of the import guys use. Check your local ricer shop or poke around on the net.

69HuggrrrPT
03-07-2005, 05:16 AM
Try here, I have heard good things about the LM1
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php

HTH
Dean

digitalman2112
03-07-2005, 08:38 PM
I have an LM-1, and found it very simple to use. I would also get the aux input so that you can map RPM to AFR in your logging. You can also log voltages, MAP, etc if you have other sensors.

The sensor connectors are prone to water damage - take a look at their forums to see how people have worked around the problem. You can't just seal it up since it needs air into the connector for the 02 reference if I remember correctly.

I had the local exhaust shop mount the bung on my fuel injected camaro, and then did a permanent mount of the cable so that I could run it all the time. They are just now coming out with smaller units, but they are add ons and cost more - the actual unit itself is quite bulky for a permanent mount.

I'm having new exhaust put on my firebird this week, and will just run the 02 sensor when needed - no permanent mount.

They make a tailpipe bracket, but I've never used it.

Ian