PDA

View Full Version : mini tub shock tower/ shock location

67ragtp
03-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Im finishing up the shock tower for the minitubs on my 67. Does anyone have pics of the the shocks in place from under the car. Im told a 10 deg angle from side to side and less than 5 deg front to back does this sound right? I was curious how far into the shock tower from the center of the frame rail is the upper shock mount? If anyone has info on this I appreciate it. Thanks Rich

MrQuick
03-06-2005, 10:20 PM
I don't have any pictures yet but set at 15 degrees in and 2 degrees back it is almost centered in the bracket...wait are you running the shocks staggared?

67ragtp
03-07-2005, 07:07 AM
Vince,

Its straight across, can you tell me how far in the top mount is from the frame rail, just roughly, Im trying to visualize where the shock is going to be.

Thanks Rich

MrQuick
03-07-2005, 11:29 AM
I'd say its about 4 " from the frame rail, you know what, i'll get some pictures especially for you tonight. :icon996:

67ragtp
03-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Appreciate it. -- Thanks Vince

All this fab work, Im burnt, too much cuttin weldin and grindin. They delivered my new moser 12 bolt today, got it with the big ford 3.150 bearing ends on it. Looks sweet, sittin in the box it looks real short, but the axles arent installed yet. I wonder how close they get to the axle flange measurement I gave them. I will find out tonight.

Rich

MrQuick
03-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Those guys are pretty sharp over there. They kinda know what you need cause they have done a few mini tub rear end jobs for me at the old shop. Did you talk with Kip? Cutting...tell me about it, im use to doing this with a plasma cutter or air tools! its a biatch to say the least,but I gotta tell you when its all over its way worth it.
Anyways please post some pictures when you get them rims fit. PM coming

SatisTraction
03-12-2005, 08:41 PM
did you ever get the pics? I would like to see the way you mounted the shocks. I am also doing a 67 and thought it may be better to convert to staggard shocks while i was at it. any input on that?

67ragtp
03-13-2005, 04:58 AM
yes I did receive the pics from vince, He hasent mounted his shocks yet, He penciled in the location of the shock mounts for me, just to give me an idea of how close to the frame the upper mounts would be welded. I installed mine straight across and really cant comment on which is better. It would be nice to see a pic up in the shock tower with every thing mounted.

Vince - Thanks for taking the time to help me out - Rich

MrQuick
03-13-2005, 11:00 AM
No problem Rich, any time you need help just give a hollar.
I will have pictures with them in as soon as I get a break from the welder.
As a performance aspect I would do the staggared shock, it helps balancing the car out and controls wheel hop. But good springs will help with that too.