PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I post in the For Sale section?

poormans69
02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
I have over 10 posts. WTF?

parsonsj
02-03-2009, 12:55 PM
We've upped the limit to 50.

We've been having issues with people using the site as if it were craigslist, rather than it being a service for loyal members.

jp

parsonsj
02-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Poorman:

1. We're a big fan of names here, and encourage the use of them in your signature.

2. (from the sticky at the top of the For Sale section): Note: We've had a rash of people trying to get around the 10 post limit just so they can get to selling stuff here.

This is not cool. If you've signed up solely to sell your wares in this section, turn around an leave. We only want those who've contributed something to the site and it's members to be able to sell here. This isn't ebay or craigslist. We want real members selling to real members.

People who post little one word posts here and there and then start thread after thread selling stuff here will be removed from the site.

You've been here less than a month and your posts are a little "short". From where I sit, you fit the profile of sellers we don't welcome.

Am I wrong?

jp

poormans69
02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Yes you are wrong. This is another name of mine I had to create because something didn't jive well with my last user name (cencal69). I think I mistyped my wrong email address and could never get it fixed. I have emailed Larry about it but we still couldn't get it figured out. Anywho, I changed over my name but I have been lurking on this site for a couple of years maybe (at least 1). I have followed Motiv8er throught the whole build, Stielow's cars, that crazy a$$ Satan bug, College kid Camaro, ect. ect. I have a 69 Camaro that I'm going to be giving the ultimate low budget treatment to and just do not have enough knowledge or material to post anything of any help to anyone on this site. I like to keep my eyes and ears open, and my mouth shut (just the way I was raised). I read David Pozzi's stuff religiously and keep up on the latest and greatest.

I am by no means taking your comments the wrong way. I completely understand where you are coming from. I just read that you must have 10 posts to advertise in the For Sale forum. I posted as early as of 4-25-08 and thought I had 10 posts. When I went to post it said I needed at least 10 posts, so I posted a few quick posts to get over 10. Well, no luck. We now need over 50 posts. No problem. I was just boggled by what I was told we needed, then it wouldn't let me post after I posted at least 20+ times.

This is a great site. I am naturally quiet in person but am anxious to learn. I hope to be able to post in the future of my build. It will be very lame compared to everyone else here. Very little innovative and flashy parts, but it will have functionality. I will take some pictures this week and post those. That will kind of be like when Rodney Dangerfield goes to a black tie event. I might be out of my league, but I'll have fun!

poormans69
02-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Btw, I am a "real" member and have bought from other "real" members here and left great feedback on great products and shipping (on 01-08-08). I was hoping to return the favor.

Thanks again,
Gabriel Howell

Damn True
02-03-2009, 01:38 PM
No worries then.

Use the search function to find topics on which you have questions, engage in the art of conversation and in no time you'll have the requisite 50 posts.

trapin
02-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Why all the one word posts that I had to delete then?

What are you doing? We don't like people coming in here just to hawk their stuff.

From your activity today that appears to be what you're up to.

icebird84
02-03-2009, 01:41 PM
humm 10 post 1 word in all of them NICE

poormans69
02-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Trapin,
I don't know why you had to delete those posts. I was going by what the monitor told me - 10 posts to post in the for sale section. I thought I had over 10, but it told me otherwise. So I posted a couple of quick posts. Still, nothing. So I posted a couple more. Nothing. Maybe someone can change the window that tells one that you only need 10 posts to post in the For Sale section. I will be sure to add more relevent posts in the future.

Thanks again

parsonsj
02-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Gabriel,

I've amended the rules so it says 50 now. Sorry about the error.

jp

poormans69
02-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Icebird,
I don't know what I did to you but you did make me laugh. After commenting on my one word posts, I looked at your recent posts. LOL. Nice! Alot of one word posts there buddy.

Please, I'm not trying to offend anyone. Just wanted to ask a friendly question.

icebird84
02-03-2009, 02:06 PM
but not to bump up my posts number to start selling

p.s you can go into User CP there in Edit Signature
write
John J or your name
69 Camaro

save Signature

my best regards Benni H

poormans69
02-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Sorry if I offended you in any way Icebird. I have not said anything about you, Iceland's economy, Bjork, or soccer. I don't know why you would want to try to approach me with your comments when the moderators already have resolved this matter. I already had 10 posts before I tried to sell.

I think I will post my first smiley faced dude.

:bsjerk:

poormans69
02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Parsons,
I appreciate your action in this matter.

Thanks again,
Gabriel

Damn True
02-03-2009, 02:35 PM
I think we can lock this down now.