PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gen front discs..

revhead
02-02-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm trying to finalize my parts list.

I would like to use C-5 front calipers.

Is the Kore3 bracket and hub assembly the best way to go? sure looks good, but I can't find what is involved when it comes to chopping up my spindles.

ATS doesn't list a spindle for 2ndg gen.. wish they did.

CRead01
02-02-2009, 11:22 PM
I think there is a layout for where to cut on either the kore3 website or the wilwood website. It should have came with your brackets I believe.

red76TA
02-03-2009, 06:31 AM
http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74546
This is a good bit of the info you need to know on how to set up C5 brakes on a 2nd gen. Instead of using Kore 3's hub (which is pretty awesome, but $$$) you can modify a 3rd gen f-body front hub/rotor by cutting off the rotor part essentially turning it into a hub for alot less dollars

bl1tzw1ng
02-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Modifying the spindles is easy. Just knock the ears off where the stock caliper mounts. Well, it's not just hack away, but in a nutshell, that's it.

bavtech
02-03-2009, 03:24 PM
I did it last fall...When you lay the caliper mounting bracket up to the mounting point you get a idea of what to cut away. It is easy but very dirty and time consuming work to cut away that cast iron spindle. Picking crap out of my hair for days.

I really like the quality of the Kore3 product. Highly recommend :)

Takid455
02-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Is the Kore3 bracket and hub assembly the best way to go? sure looks good, but I can't find what is involved when it comes to chopping up my spindles.

Yes. cutting the spindles is not that bad and if you ever wanted to return to stock, original ones can be had for peanuts.

ATS doesn't list a spindle for 2ndg gen.. wish they did. - many of us do. Should I get some parts and time, I'll attempt to design one.