PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe Movie

go-fish
02-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Mu Futtin' GI Joe! Hells yeah! Who's excited?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMDLh-Cxxo

craigs73
02-02-2009, 08:50 PM
i am that looks sweet i seen the trailer during superbowl commercials looks sweet

MrQuick
02-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Im looking forward to it. Ray Park should do another bad asss job as a bad guy.

Steve1968LS2
02-02-2009, 10:04 PM
The GI Joe movie can go screw itself with it's pathetic United Nations bs changing of the whole concept.

argh!

go-fish
02-03-2009, 03:49 AM
The GI Joe movie can go screw itself with it's pathetic United Nations bs changing of the whole concept.

argh!

Yeah, that sucks but it's the times, Comrad.

As for Ray Park, if that's the guy that was Darth Maul, he is going to be Snakeyes, a Joe, and a Korean martial arts actor will be his counterpart for, C.O.B.R.A., Storm Shaddow.

Bow Tie 67
02-03-2009, 04:44 AM
Ok, I'm into flashy actions flicks, thumbs up to the trailers for Star Trek, GI Joe, Transformers, and Fast and Furious.

T_Raven
02-03-2009, 07:31 AM
When I saw an ad for this I thought "WTF took so long?" lol. let's hope it doesn't suck

WS6
02-03-2009, 12:29 PM
the gi joe movie can go screw itself with it's pathetic united nations bs changing of the whole concept.

Argh!

x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poormans69
02-03-2009, 02:56 PM
My prediction, they get Mary Kate & Ashley to play the twins. Oh yeah, and the movie's gonna suck.

fun2gofast
02-04-2009, 03:20 AM
Looks like theres lots of pretty good lookin movies coming up.

go-fish
02-04-2009, 04:04 AM
My prediction, they get Mary Kate & Ashley to play the twins. Oh yeah, and the movie's gonna suck.

My prediction for Transformers 2, Mickey Rourke plays one of the Dinobots, the dumbest one actually.

Tony_SS
02-04-2009, 05:13 AM

argh!

Steve, can you or someone elaborate on this? I haven't heard.. are they a UN force now? Is that why they're dressed in black and not green?

I was all geeked up for this... but now? I grew up playing with GI Joe and watching the cartoon.... Snakeyes arms turned into jelly about the 2nd week I had him. The worst is when those rubber bands got all stretched out. Lol.. anyway, back to the movie premise.

CarlC
02-04-2009, 07:47 AM
Now if they would just make a can of WD40 and a lighter big enough......

toxicz28
02-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Steve, can you or someone elaborate on this?

x2 This hasn't pierced my bubble yet

go-fish
02-04-2009, 03:45 PM
They do not want to alienate international audiences given our recent endeavors on trying to "take over the world" as MSNBC puts it.

Mr.VENGEANCE
02-04-2009, 04:11 PM
theres a little bit of greg lougayness about all this..
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/02/GregLouganis-1.jpg

WS6
02-04-2009, 05:12 PM
They do not want to alienate international audiences given our recent endeavors on trying to "take over the world" as MSNBC puts it.

That's a good way to put it. Basically, it's this whole multicultural one big happy world crap they push. Can't just be American heroes only

Mathius
02-05-2009, 12:35 PM

argh!

Agreed. The black suits are bullsh*t. Duke looking like he's 25 years old is bullsh*t. Ripcord being black is bullsh*t.

I'm sick and tired of Hollywood ruining everything. They ruined Transformers, now they're ruining GI Joe.

I can't wait until the Masters of the Universe flick comes out so we can see how they ruined it.

Only f*cking hollywood can take your fondest childhood memories and smash them to bits in front of your eyes.

Mathius

fantasygoat
02-05-2009, 12:44 PM
You all realize that these things - GI Joe, Transformers and He-Man - were all invented to sell plastic toys, right?

I mean, it's not deep philosophical drama we're talking about, it's saturday morning 22-minute long commercials for taiwan-made junk. Have you *watched* a GI Joe cartoon in the past 20 years? GARBAGE!

rob07002
02-05-2009, 01:19 PM

argh!
I did not know this. This really pisses me off. They really want to strip any individuality and patriotism away from us don't they. One global muted gray blob of consumers.

Easy fix though, don't go to the movies. Boycott the show, pass around to your friends, family, etc and when a $200MM budget movie barely breaks $1MM on opening weekend a message will be sent. Realistic, probably not, but gotta start somewhere.

WS6
02-05-2009, 01:26 PM
supposedly the character GI Joe is actually based off a real WWII veteran that did some pretty amazing things during battle. I haven't looked into it myself as the whoel global aliance crap is enough to piss me off.

Tony_SS
02-05-2009, 02:16 PM
You all realize that these things - GI Joe, Transformers and He-Man - were all invented to sell plastic toys, right?

I mean, it's not deep philosophical drama we're talking about, it's saturday morning 22-minute long commercials for taiwan-made junk. Have you *watched* a GI Joe cartoon in the past 20 years? GARBAGE!

You sure about that? This episode is pretty relative to our situation today:

XNxsEPS1TIM

And I won't pay a dime to see their NWO infomercial at the theaters. What a load of crap!

Mathius
02-05-2009, 03:59 PM

Uhm. You DO realize there was a cartoon that ran for several years, and a very well written comic book series (2 actually) that we grew up watching and reading and learning all the backstories and details of each character?

It's like the equivalent of taking an old AMC Javelin, and having some Hollywood idiot put it in a movie and put a Chevy logo on it, because AMC isn't around anymore and they wanted to "update it".

Mathius

WS6
02-05-2009, 05:40 PM
You sure about that? This episode is pretty relative to our situation today:

And I won't pay a dime to see their NWO infomercial at the theaters. What a load of crap!

was that really an episode?

Tony_SS
02-05-2009, 07:25 PM
x2 Mathius. I agree all the way around.. but I did enjoy Transformers. What didn't you like about it?

was that really an episode?

Yes it was... Interesting to say the least.

fantasygoat
02-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Uhm. You DO realize there was a cartoon that ran for several years, and a very well written comic book series (2 actually) that we grew up watching and reading and learning all the backstories and details of each character?

I get a boner for the Baroness as much as the next guy, but we're not talking fine art here...

Mathius
02-06-2009, 01:18 PM
x2 Mathius. I agree all the way around.. but I did enjoy Transformers. What didn't you like about it?

I don't mind updating characters like bumblebee, and the military stuff was decent with all the fights and whatnot, but what really pissed me off was how "open" the transformers were. The way they showed all the damn servos and hydraulic pumps and crap that were always hidden on the cartoon.

I refused to go see the movie or buy it and didn't even see it until it was on television last month.

After watching it, I'm also irritated that they made Bumblebee into a pet dog. The dude couldn't even talk. WTF did they include Ratchet in the movie for if he couldn't even fix the guy's vocal unit?

Stupid hollywood bullsh*t.

Mathius

Mathius
02-06-2009, 01:24 PM
I get a boner for the Baroness as much as the next guy, but we're not talking fine art here...

Maybe not, but theres a lot more detail and good writing in the comic than you give it credit for. What are these movies made for in the first place? If they're not to appeal to those of us who grew up with it, then why bother? Why not just make some movie about some UN strike force?

The original comics were written by a guy named Larry Hama who had a military background. They were very well written, despite constant pressure from Mattel to include their latest "toy" in each comic. You try writing a good military story when someone's forcing you to include their latest neon "ninja force" toy?

There's a lot of good characterization that's just being tossed out the window because hollywood couldn't be bothered to spend a few days researching this sh*t.

In 2002 or so, a company named Devil's Due started the comic back up, and paid tribute to the original creations of Hama and extended the story from the original Marvel. I happened to grab a few copies of it to check it out and it was cool. I ended up d/l'ing a lot more of them in PDF format because they were entertaining.

I don't have a problem with there being a black character in the movie. I'm not prejudice in the least. But Ripcord was a main character in the cartoon, and he was a white dude that cracked jokes. He was white in the comic as well.

If they wanted to add a black character because they have no balls and they need to be PC, then they could have added Stalker, or Roadblock.

And the whole idea that America can't have a special forces group against Terrorists is completely asinine. GI Joe WAS "A Real American Hero".

Not some stupid UN Black Ops bullsh*t hollywood cheesefest.

I knew they'd f*ck it up. If they wanted to make a real GI Joe gritty, adult movie, they should have stuck to the original characterization and drew it up something like Black Hawk Down. That's got to be the best modern military movie I've ever seen.

Mathius

socalfandabodys
02-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Consensus at work is were not going to see it. Im a paratrooper in the U.S. Army and this looks like more Hollywood trash. Watching this would ruin G.I. Joe for me. The funniest part is the UN special ops unit. Hahahaha LMAO! What an oxy moron. Too funny.

Kenova
02-06-2009, 06:34 PM
The funniest part is the UN special ops unit. Hahahaha LMAO! What an oxy moron. Too funny.

:lmao: Ain't that the truth !!

Ken