PDA

View Full Version : why pro-touring.com and lateral-g.net?

T_Raven
02-02-2009, 10:43 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up before but does anyone else feel like the two sites are 90% the same? I know this is Larry's site and I don't know who owns lateral-g but it would be so much more convenient for me if they were combined lol.

Yeah for any subject there is more than one forum out there but these two have so many of the same threads it's rediculous. There are a bunch of LS engine sites but I haven't really noticed that any are full of the same members. Not that I really could with so many out there. And this crowd is much smaller. It seems the project, and classified sections of these two sites always have the same threads. I still check both so I don't miss the 5% that's different.

Just curious what anyone else thinks about this.

brans72
02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
I like them how they are now!!!!!!

brans72
02-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Alot of members have different names for site I nkow people on here that are on lat-g and chevelles.com and ls1tech.com . I think Scott and Larry each do a good job and bring different crowd in to there forum just my .02

Tom Welch
02-02-2009, 05:16 PM
If it aint broke.....

Damn True
02-02-2009, 05:21 PM
There are two rather distinct characters between the two sites. Yes there is some cross-talk and shared membership but I think each serves it's audience well.

poormans69
02-03-2009, 03:40 PM
I think 90% of us go from here to there and back again. Alot of the same people, different projects, alot of the same sponsors.

DB Z28
02-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey its like Hotrod and Carcraft think about it both mag have about the same thing and cars

GBodyGMachine
02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
I am on Pro-touring more than lateral-g. I think this site is slightly more active.

BayouSS
02-03-2009, 05:23 PM
If it aint broke.....

I'm with Tom, I cannot imagine a better site then this.

MarkM66
02-03-2009, 06:05 PM
There are two rather distinct characters between the two sites. Yes there is some cross-talk and shared membership but I think each serves it's audience well.

I agree. :1st:

BonzoHansen
02-07-2009, 09:18 PM
I want to see them race each other. Winner take all. :1st:

JamesJ
02-10-2009, 10:40 AM
I first came to this site many years ago when this was the only place around, I have read almost every question imaginable as many others around here have as well, I like that I can go over to Lat-g and see some different stuff a different layout and don’t have to check it every day to make sure I did not miss anything. I only look at the sections I care about now because there is so much stuff that I have read many times over or its something that has no real relevance to what I care about.

I think that Larry does a good job with this site, but Scott does a much better job of making his site more professional looking, updating it faster, having different section of events, he just does a better job, but I am pretty sure that is also his real job or at least part time, So his site should be first class.

I don’t know how much money Larry makes from all the adds but, I think that if he hired someone to take this site to the next level of layout, looks, info, and all the stuff that would make a great site it would not make more people come but would make less switch over.

Project69
02-16-2009, 09:21 AM

Im down for a show down

XLexusTech
02-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Distinctly diff in my opinion. very diff audiences. They both have their pros and cons.

IMHO their is more vendor/product "information" here..

David Sloan
02-19-2009, 04:30 AM

Yes
They can all come to the
Pro-touring/MuscleRides an Road Killer Kustoms RTGa. tour.
The winner will have Bragging rights.

What do you guys think?

We will nail the info for the Drag strip an auto cross parking lot this week end an post it.

STREETFIGHTER50
04-10-2019, 12:37 PM
I was thinking the same thing between these two forums. So I hope people don’t get mad when I ask the same questions and post up the same threads. Like said above, not everyone is on both forums.

65 drop top
04-10-2019, 08:25 PM
I was thinking the same thing between these two forums. So I hope people don’t get mad when I ask the same questions and post up the same threads. Like said above, not everyone is on both forums.
You sure brought this back from the dead. Both sites must get enough traffic to keep them running. I like being able to bounce back and forth between the two sites.

CSG
04-11-2019, 04:28 AM
I can't even see pics or reply on that other site and have been a member for over a year!

T_Raven
04-11-2019, 06:06 AM
Holy bump.

You know I used to check about 10 forums on a daily basis. I can't really compare this with l-g lately, but back in the day all the project and for sale threads were pretty much on both sites. This was my favorite. They've all died down so much now that I probably only check a few once a month at most. I hate that facebook and instagram have become the media of choice, because the format of forums like this make it so much easier to find information.

camcojb
05-29-2019, 07:41 PM
I can't even see pics or reply on that other site and have been a member for over a year!
Fixed.

chuckd71
05-31-2019, 04:31 PM
They are a lot alike but I like the simple formatting and color scheme here so I stay here most of the time. Well, here and ls1tech. Lat-g is cool, but just seems cluttered.