PDA

View Full Version : My Jack has no pressure.

kursed56
01-29-2009, 10:38 AM
I have a fairly new or should I say, rarely used Craftsman 2 ton floor jack that wont pump. The plunger wont pop back up to alow it to pump.

I raised the car, put my floor jacks under it, lowered the jack down and now it seems to have no pressure.

Any ideas?

vp23271
01-29-2009, 12:02 PM
I have the same jack and had it do the same thing once. For my situation, I twisted the handle all the way clockwise and then counter clockwise and then tried to jack something up (put some pressure on it). I did that a couple times and it was back to normal. Not sure what that was all about?

If your going to work under the car, keep doing what your doing and make sure you have solid stationary jack stands.

kursed56
01-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks, I think it happened to mine once before and it came back.

Ill try it again.

daredvl22
01-29-2009, 01:45 PM
I've got the same jack...and the same problem. If you turn the handle counter clockwise (unlock) and then pump the handle a good 10-12 times it will build pressure back. Once you do that and then twist it back clockwise (lock) positipon it should nearly lift to full height in 3 pumps. At least that works for me. I'm not sure why it does this, never had this type of problem with a jack before. However, this particular jack does not have a great track record. Just google it and you'll see what I mean. Good luck!

David Pozzi
01-29-2009, 09:33 PM
If you can get the plunger to rise, try spraying a little lube on the plunger stem inside the coil spring. Perhaps the seal is dragging a bit on it.

Gearhead Dude
01-30-2009, 06:27 AM
I've had the same problem from time to time with mine as well. Always use jack stands regardless of which jack you use!

kursed56
01-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks guys. The plunger is stuck down, I wonder if I can pull it out somehow. I tried messing with it last night but had no luck.

Thats one thing that freaks me out - working under the car.

How do you guys feel about blocks under the wheels as opposed to jack stands? (see photos)

Thanks again

lower90xcab
01-30-2009, 02:59 PM
i have the same problem...mine also leaks the fluid out all over the floor....i tried to take mine back to sears....they told me no...

MarkM66
01-30-2009, 06:13 PM
I've got the same problem. They're junk. Check out the reviews online, they're not good.

MonzaRacer
02-07-2009, 07:42 PM
And they are not rated very heavy, I bought a 7331 from ATD that was bundled in 30th anniversary kit with led Sabre drop light, after the swift lift feature quit working, well had 1 yr warranty, called them , company that provides them sent me a new hydraulic unit, free of charge, then I called back to brag to ATD on the customer service, even told the lady how I loved the Sabre light but had lost mine, she sends me one free of charge, so now I have new light and 2 chargers.
Look up ATD , they treated me right and have great warranty service, and I do believe they sell similar jacks.http://www.atdtools.com/

Service Jacks > ATD-7313

DRJDVM's '69
02-08-2009, 11:38 AM
I have the same jack...had it for about 3 years and worked great...now it leaks like hell..oil everywhere. I tried the Lucas oil leak sealer and that didnt work.

Patrick
02-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Same jack -- Same problems...