PDA

View Full Version : MSD Ignition Digital E-Curve Pro-Billet Distributor

rsk68
01-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Since installing a new MSD Ignition Digital E-Curve Pro-Billet Distributor I have lost spark for the second time, last time this happened i had to send it to MSD for a rebuild after 400 miles.

So what would you recomend for a more robust ignition, with the
e-curve i didnt need a box but now I dont care and will try to hide one if needed.

Right now the car is stuck at the paint shop and ready to be picked up, so I'm in a little bit of a rush to figure this out.

kenhaw
04-12-2009, 04:37 AM
Sorry to hear that. I have one just waiting to be installed but I think I am going to skip that now.

kenhaw
04-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Well I just read some more posts and there is actually a lot of people very happy with the E-Curve, so I will install it after all.

Yelcamino
04-12-2009, 11:01 AM
I have the e-curve in my Chevelle and it works pretty good. I also went with a 6A ignition box because the e-curve has a built in rev limiter. The 6A is around $30 cheaper than the 6AL.

kenhaw
04-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I am running the Summit Street and Strip Boost controller and is happy with this, for now. I might upgrade to the FAST fuel injection at a later time and the kit comes with everything, including distributor.

protour73
11-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Since installing a new MSD Ignition Digital E-Curve Pro-Billet Distributor I have lost spark for the second time, last time this happened i had to send it to MSD for a rebuild after 400 miles.

So what would you recomend for a more robust ignition, with the
e-curve i didnt need a box but now I dont care and will try to hide one if needed.

Right now the car is stuck at the paint shop and ready to be picked up, so I'm in a little bit of a rush to figure this out.I'm not sure what the details of your lost spark were, but this distributor has been fantastic for me so far.

I found a member on this site a while back and finally tracked him down, Randy Harper.....not sure of what his screen name is, but he has a product that you can find on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MSD-E-Curve-Full-Version-Software-Ecurve-Excel-Sheet_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dSIQ26ituQ 3dUCIQ252BUAQ252BFICSQ26otnQ3d12Q26poQ3dLVIQ26psQ3 d63QQ_trksidZp2773Q2em263QQcategoryZ33690QQitemZ32 0440849856which which is freaking awesome for owners of the MSD Pro Billet Digital E-Curve distributor. For setting the timing on this particular distributor, there are 2 dial switches that are set inside the unit.... based on what you want your timing to be at. MSD included in their owners manual, 2 horrible graphs that are difficult to understand and very incomplete as for as the needed comprehensive setup info for the E-Curve.

Randy went a hundred steps forward and developed a programmable Excel spreadsheet, in which you merely plug in all of your timing information and you get the correct settings for the 2 dial switches inside the distributor......the cost of $7.99 is rediculously cheap. Randy included specific step by step setup info to be completed before making the final settings on your E-Curve distributor.

I am confidant my engine will be running at it's optimal best after setting up the MSD distributor with the help of Randy's product. THANKS Randy!!

Scott

Supervette
04-02-2010, 06:55 AM
Ohm out your plug wires. there is a reisitance per ft. check all wiring. Make sure there are no shorts.