PDA

View Full Version : Got one...

Streetking
08-22-2004, 02:50 PM
Guys, after all my looking, I finally got a '69 Camaro to start on. I have been looking around for a while now and have looked at alot of cars up to $60k, but there was always something that wasn't exactly what I wanted, so I decided to build one the way I want, color I want ect.. Here a few pics of her on my trailer. The guy had owned it for 15 years and had purchased it from the original owner. The floors and the body is solid and rust free. My wife asked me today if she was going to get to see me anymore from now til it's done.. :)

SW
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/standard-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/standard-2.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/standard-3.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/standard-4.jpg

67Sally
08-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Looks like you have a nice new addition for your garage.

zbugger
08-22-2004, 02:57 PM
Very nice... And my condolences to your wife...

Stopping right there...

camcojb
08-22-2004, 02:59 PM
That's cool SW. That'll keep you busy for a while. Did you find someone local to do it for you?

Jody

Streetking
08-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Jody, not yet. The guy that did the paint/body work on my '73 T/A, went with me to look at it. The last time I talked to Pascual, he said he was very busy. I'm going to call him later tonight. I have alot to think about before I can even get started. I'm making a list tonight. My first phone call will be to Kyle@DSE tomorrow to order a bunch of parts. I'm still going back and forth about 502 motor or a 383 small block.. I am also looking at different front subframes..

SW

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/standard-5.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/standard-6.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/standard-7.jpg

Kenova
08-22-2004, 03:46 PM
My wife asked me today if she was going to get to see me anymore from now til it's done.. :)

SW

:drool: I don't know SW. These things can be hard on a marriage. Maybe you should just let me take it off your hands. :jump: I won't expect you to take too big of a loss on it :lol:

Ken

Ralph LoGrasso
08-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Congrats, SW! I look forward to the build up!

KrisHorton
08-22-2004, 04:24 PM
Looks like it's going to be a fun project SW, especially since you are starting with what looks to be a pretty solid car.

If you're unsure on the direction you are headed with it visually or you just want to have something pretty to look at while you build it, you might want to have some renderings done.

I know a guy. :smoke:

Kris

Nine Ball
08-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Hey SW, its about time you found a project '69! I know you have been shopping for quite a while now.

Are you going to keep it the Rallye green? I love that color, as not many Camaro owners keep the color.

No passe' 502ci crate engines man, I know you better than that! Put something more unique under the hood, maybe have your Supra guys build you a fat single or twin turbo LS1 with a 6-speed.

:D

MrQuick
08-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Nice builder SW, can't wait to see this one when its done. Looks real solid. Its nice to be blessed with a patient and supportive wife...my buddies wife won't even let him pump the gas! :pat:

gEtyOpAPiOn
08-22-2004, 08:31 PM
forget that 69 ...how bout that Maranello...damn!!! One bad mo fo

David Sloan
08-23-2004, 01:00 AM
Congrats SW !
Hope we can help!! looks like the one we talked about!!! LOL (Green)

ProdigyCustoms
08-23-2004, 02:22 AM
To bad they are not all that clean. We have gotten used to replacing every panel anymore. Good Luck.

Streetking
08-23-2004, 05:27 AM
Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Tony, I think I'm going with a small block. As far as color, you know how much I love black cars, it's got to be blk w/white stripes. I really want it to be a nice driver and handle well, no radical motor here. If I want to go fast, I have others to do that with. I'm thinking stroker small block, T56, full DSE suspension, mini-tubbed, tilt wheel, Vintage air w/front runner system, Baer brakes etc.

Dave, thanks, I'll call you later.

SW

Steve1968LS2
08-23-2004, 07:28 AM
Congrats!! Can't wait to see how it evolves :)

TA219
08-23-2004, 10:30 AM
congrats on the car , i wish my car would have started that clean !!!

it looks like a nice addition to your collection ( no GOOD car collection is complete without a 1st gen Camaro :evil: )

Stu Seitz
08-23-2004, 11:29 AM
If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it?

Streetking
08-23-2004, 04:58 PM
JoeleanLS1, I got it for $5000. I thought it was a good deal for what I got.

Thanks,

SW

MrQuick
08-23-2004, 06:28 PM
thats not a bad deal, about right....look what $300 gets you he he pick it up sunday

zbugger
08-23-2004, 06:36 PM
Damn Vince!!!! What's with you and shells?

MrQuick
08-23-2004, 06:42 PM
I love the beach I guess??? Except when I put these to my head I hear the high way! :hammer: I figure most of the stuff you gonna do to the car the only thing left on it is the shell anyways?? We went up to Sac today to go buy parts at Cris Alstons...cool place. Im glad I didn't have a shopping cart. Hey SW car looks pretty good yeah? Can't wait to see the build on it.
dude thats it Im NEVER looking in the "FOR SALE" section again...EVER!!!! :getout:

JMitch19
08-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Congrats on the car. That car was on ebay if its the same I'm thinkin of. I was very close to bidding on it myself.

Jason

gEtyOpAPiOn
08-23-2004, 08:36 PM
5K its a hell of a deal being in that condition I think

BlazerSpeed
08-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Wow, looks like a great starting point, so what are your plans for the suspension? Full-on, street, track? Most importantly are you gonna keep it that badass green :bananna2:

hahaha I say do it, havent seen many (any?) that color
DEREK

Streetking
08-24-2004, 05:00 AM
Jason, that was the car on e-bay. It was only 70 miles from my house, so I went down Sunday to check it out.

Derek, I'm getting everything from Kyle@DSE, street/track set up. I live about 10 miles from work and 8 miles of it is a beautiful curvey road. There are alot of Corvettes, Porsches, AMG benz's that I see everyday, so I want to have a old Camaro to play with them. I can't get too many of them to play with me when I'm in the Vipers, but I'm sure they would think they could take a "old" Camaro :drive: .. Hell I get into more races with my Lightning than any other car because alot of them think they can take a truck, little do they know I have a full suspension set up on the Lightning...

I know ralley green is rare, I love blk w/white stripes, that's what I'm doing.

Thanks,

SW

Nine Ball
08-25-2004, 05:26 AM
Damn, for $5K I'd have to have bought it too! I never find deals like that :(

Okay, another question. What kind of trailer is that, how much was it, and where can I get one? Looks sweet! I need a black one.

Nine Ball
08-25-2004, 07:16 AM
nevermind on the trailer, I saw the name on the side of yours and looked them up. The prices make me go OUCH! ;)

c.schulz
08-25-2004, 07:55 AM
Congrats SW.WE all know youll do it right.
Chris

dabuickman
08-25-2004, 01:29 PM
my buddy recently purchased a 69 ss/rs. and its black, my favorite color too. he may be interested in your console, his is a 4 sp but he is going to an auto. he is in a wheel chair and will be using hand controls.
let me know.

Rob
[email protected]

Streetking
08-26-2004, 05:43 AM
Tony, give me a call and I'll see what I can do for you on a trailer. I have bought 5 trailers from Magnum and I can get a discount for you.

Rob, I'll let you know about the console.

Thanks,
SW

CAMAROBOY69
08-26-2004, 06:11 AM
5k wow Congratulations on that purchase!!!! At least the long wait was worth it. We never see a deal around here like that ever in Michigan! Cant wait to see how it turns out. Mabey you can get the wife to turn a few wrenches with you or at least hand you the wrenches. :icon_razz

Streetking
08-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Thanks Adam, but my wife is not much on the wrenching part of the project. She does make killer snacks and brings out cold beer.. She is just as excited about getting this car done as I am. Of all the cars I have and had, she absolutley loves '69 Camaros. She doesn't even really like my 550, she loves fast, good handling muscle cars..

SW

TitoJones
08-26-2004, 12:57 PM
S.W.-

Nice ride! I wish I had a Rallye Gree- Oh wait. I do.
Did you get me Email about the T56 complete kit? I'm having serious Email issues after my virus crash earlier this week, so let me know if it came through.
I also sent you the parts list for the suspension we did on Padilla's car.
Tyler

Streetking
08-26-2004, 02:31 PM
Tyler, I did get it, I sent you one back.

SW

Steve Chryssos
08-27-2004, 07:20 AM
S.W.
If I were you, I'd just deliver that car to Tyler in Vegas (American Touring Specialties). When he's done with it, you may no longer have a need for that 550 Maranello.
/Steevo

Streetking
08-27-2004, 01:57 PM
S.W.
If I were you, I'd just deliver that car to Tyler in Vegas (American Touring Specialties). When he's done with it, you may no longer have a need for that 550 Maranello.
/Steevo

Steevo, I know Tyler is good, but I think I have to keep the 550.. :)

SW
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/standard-10.jpg

Steve Chryssos
08-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Uhhh.. I stand corrected.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-27-2004, 06:14 PM
:drool: Holy sex on wheels!

Marty G Cars
08-27-2004, 07:13 PM
I knew there was someone else that would end up having a 97 Viper GTS and a 69 camaro PT on this site. Congrats and Cheers on your latest addition to the stable!!!

Make sure you call David (d touring). He has something brewing that may very well be of great help and interest to you.

Marty

zbugger
08-27-2004, 10:25 PM
:hmm: Umm.... Did anyone else notice that they were suddenly touching themselves in a dirty way after looking at that picture?

Then again, it could have been just me..... :rolleyes:

Nine Ball
08-28-2004, 05:00 AM
The 550 makes me shed a tear, its a keeper! SW, you must have moved into a new house, that garage is HUGE compared to the last photos I saw of your place.

Streetking
08-28-2004, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. Yes Tony, I moved in about 3 months ago. We have been working on it for a year. My wife was incharge of the build/finish ,EXCEPT my garage. :hah:

Marty, I have a red '97 like yours also, except no stripes. It's a RSI 510, runs 10.0s@141 all motor.. Are you going to the VOI next week?

SW

Marty G Cars
08-28-2004, 06:19 PM
SW - Nope, not going to VOI. I've never been to one yet, although I do think it would be fun. Seems I always have too many committments or schedule conflicts. The Georgia Viper chapter used to bug me a lot for not taking my car to the track ever since I had the StopTech's installed. It also seemed that their main objective was to schedule track time and race, race, race. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I mostly do cruises and shows. I have been called a "poser" before because I have never taken any of my rides to a track. :scared:

If you are going to VOI, let me know how it goes as I have been out of touch with the local Viper guys for about a year now.

I'm getting together with David (d touring) tomorrow and a few other guys. Big things brewing in Georgia. :secret:

Streetking
08-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Marty, I am going to the VOI. I'm actually taking the whole week off. I'm leaving for Shreveport on monday the 6th to race on tues/wed, then going to Ft.Worth thursday for the VOI. I'll let you know how it goes.

Take care and tell David hello for me,

SW

blazer4corners
08-29-2004, 10:03 AM
If the 69' turns out like the T/A did your a lucky man.I was really impressed with the
build quality of it when i seen it the magazine.

Streetking
08-30-2004, 07:44 PM
blazer4corners, thanks, I was really happy the way the T/A finished up. The Camaro is not near as clean as my T/A was when I started, but I started taking it apart today and I think it will be just as nice..

SW