PDA

View Full Version : New guy with Nova

Nicks67GTO
03-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Howdy. Just thought id drop a line here. My names Nick. Im from Waterloo,Ia and im building...ready for this....a 73' Nova!! Yeah i know, youde think it would have to have "Back Off" Mudflaps, be all jacked up with aluminum slots, and have an iron maiden mural painted on the hood right???? Well not this one! The car isnt a balls out Pro Touring car....in fact i call it "Poor Touring" because its a N/A small block, stickshift, goes 11's and drives anywhere on 89 octane gas!! The poor comes from the fact that i am 22 and saving up for a house so i dont have alot of $$$. So far most of the things ive read are good info, and there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here so ill be checking in with questions from time to time, if your interested i have a few pics up in tthe link below.... see ya

-Nick

dhardison
03-05-2005, 06:10 AM
It's been Novas-galore around here lately! :icon996:

Welcome!

Dan

tubbed73
03-05-2005, 06:39 AM
Hello all. I'm new to the board as well. Just registered today. I too have a 73 Nova. Although it doesn't mean much my car is a SS. It's medium red (orange) with black interior. I'm currently in the process of installing the DSE Deep Tub kit. I'm planning on running 17" Cragar SS Alloys and SSBC brakes. It has been a long drawn out process getting the car put together. This site has been a huge inspiration. I am very impressed with the clean atmosphere. The technical information that is routinely posted to this forum is nothing short of first rate. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and throw another Nova at the group.

dhardison
03-05-2005, 07:47 AM
Hey Tubbed73,
:postpics:

Dan (welcome to you as well)

derekf
03-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Not only do I want to see pics of both of you new folks's Novas, can anyone share a pic of a Nova with an Iron Maiden mural on the hood?

Welcome to the site, both of you.

tubbed73
03-05-2005, 03:25 PM
How did I know that was coming. You're really going to test my pc abilities. The car is in pieces right now, I'm far from finished. I'll get some pictures around and try to post them.

You'll be disappointed, no murals, mud flaps, or slots here.

This is probably for the suspension forum but has anyone tried to make their own off set spring shackles? I can't say enough good things about DSE's products but the budget is tight. I have a set that I'm working on made from 3/16" , 2" wide stock. They'll probably need a few gussets but other than that I don't know why they won't work.