PDA

View Full Version : Bad vibration from the tk0-600?

4MuscleMachines
03-04-2005, 12:18 PM
HELP!! Just received my 71 Boss 351 with all the pro-touring goodies. When I start it up, it really shakes/vibrates badly and tapers off a bit (but not enough) after 4k rpm. This happens to the same extent whether the car is in gear, out of gear, in neutral, or even in neutral with the clutch depressed, whether I am at a standstill or just plain driving. Purchased it from DarkHorse Performance and they had to install a gm spline input shaft in the trans so that I would not need a bell housing spacer and could use the stock driveshaft. I also had to install a new clutch disc since the Gm shaft needs it since Ford is different. Shop says lakewood housing is aligned perfectly and alignment would affect clutch engagement and not vibration when in neutral with clutch depressed. They also say poly trans mount contributing to vibration but not causing it. HELP!! Anybody experienced the same thing?

Kenova
03-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Sounds more like an engine vibration than a tranny vibe. Was the flywheel changed? Seems to me that some Ford engines were built with both internal and external balancing over the years. If the wrong flywheel is used, the engine can shake severely.
Ken

sporter
03-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Definitely sounds like an out of balance flywheel or pressure plate. Need to find out soon cause it can take out your bearings pretty quick.

Zee
03-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Ditto what the others said. Check the balancer to make sure the correct one was used.