PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Los Angeles Invasion May 23-25

Stroker396
01-18-2009, 04:54 PM
The website is updated and you can sign up now
www.losangelesinvasion.com/index.htm
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
Most questions can be answered on the website.
it will be all day TNT (no brackets this year) so you should get a few more passes.
I am still working on a Skidpad and/or burnout competition.

The auto cross is NEW

I wold like to split up some of the events to different days i.e. Racing/car show, but I need to work on rearranging the shcedule to accomodate that and not sure it will be this year. I am thinking we will move the car show to the dyno day so we can get more participation.

We are going to do 2 Dyno days and pit Shop vs. Shop for the crown so be sure to sign up with your respective loyalties to support them. Limit 20 per shop.
This year it will be
1. STD Street Tuning and Dyno
vs.
2. CMS Cunningham Motorsports

There will be trophies for King of the Dyno for each shop as well as One for the shop that 1. Higherst HP and 2. total combined HP
So be sure to show your support in this event and sign up.

ROTW Cruise will be unchanged still a catered BBQ at the top (Chicken and Tri Tip etc...) Hope to have over 100 cars this year and some warmer weather. Bring your Football, Friszbee, etc... for soe entertainment at the park and camera for some awesome views.

Last year we has 155 Drag race cars. Same limit this year to 150.
Live band, Bikini Girls, Raffle, Car show (larger thou) Beer garden should all be in place again this year.

Last year 3 NHRA licences got issued at our event!!! including our own Mike Haddad

Plus the Auto Cross will be limited to 50 cars and held in the Northern parking lot of California Speedway. A course of orange cones will be set up and there will be some corners et up to test your driving ability. Sessions will be 20 -40 minutes (I will leave that to who I designed to run that event)

Flyers will be available to everyone to pass out and help build the event, please PM if you would like some and we can meet up at some point.

If you can help wil sponsors that would be appreciated. We do not have a car stereo shop yet! and yet we all love tunes and this would be a great opportunity for a shop so If you know one that may be interested let me know.

Perhaps we could set up a Sound off competition as well.
Be sure to sign up early for the racing last year it sold out and some folks were dissappointed.

The website will be updated every few days so please don't panic if you do not see you name up there right away. Also make sure to tell me your screen name so i can match it to who you are (this prevents duplicates and mistakes)
Lets go have some Fun!

Stroker396
03-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Anyone? Check out the video on the main page to see what it is all about.

mugzilla
03-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Sounds good but my 442 needs some att...

I should have it handled in time ....

carguy502
03-16-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm going. We'll see if my tranny will survive the weekend.

Stroker396
03-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Hope they are ready in time.

If the tranny does not hold hit up our tranny sponsor, he does good work.

Stroker396
04-29-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm going. We'll see if my tranny will survive the weekend.

Well if not we have Johnny at Xtreme Trans on hand.

Two weeks left now to sign up for the event.

Larry Callahan
04-29-2009, 09:24 PM
No autocross?

CarlC
04-29-2009, 09:30 PM
No autocross?

Werd.

I was going to attend just to get the seat time.

Stroker396
04-30-2009, 06:49 AM
Unfortunately several factors came into play that did not allow me to do the AutoX this year.

I will look into it again next year and see if it is a possibility.