PDA

View Full Version : Question about pro-touring susp package?

singer69
01-10-2009, 07:09 AM
First off thanks to all that help here! Your help is pricless to me! I am looking for a suspension package for my 69 Lemans convert. I found this on ebay. Any comments, ideas, or help is greatly appreciated. Its $1,499
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/01/b92e_1JPG-1.jpg
1968-1972 GTO LEMANS PRO TOURING HANDLING PACKAGE $1499
CPP TUBULAR A-ARMS QA-1 COIL OVERS SWAYBARS ALL N 1 KITItem number: 290287982449

Wow guys this is insane! This auction is for a Complete set of Upper and Lower CPP tubular a-arms in the front with the killer QA-1 coilovers that are totally adjustable to you that perfect ride height and ride quality aswell as a powder coated 1 1/8 swaybar to finalize the perfect front package (PART# 6872PTK-2). The rear package is as killer as the front as you also get the rear tubular trailing arms with the new killer upper arms that are forged not welded making them very strong and fully adjustable to achieve perfect ride quality and performance. The rear also offers the dropped coilsprings and the rear swaybar to compliment this perfect package. $1499.00 is a killer deal when you are able to get so much quality in one complete package.
The a-arms are second to none as they are made in USA and have all the modern features that make our A-arms the choice for you.
The upper arms are preassembled on new billet chromolly 4130 cross shafts and pivot sleeves. CPP is leading the industry with billet cross shaft and pivot sleeves that capture both sides of the bushing, unlike the originals that were only retained on 1 side of the bushing under the head of the bolt. As a result of the fully contained bushings, the arms are even stronger. Forces that would make other arms flex and twist are transferred through the bushings and easily handled by billet cross shaft. CPP created a safety feature with an interlocking shaft and sleeve design that prevents the bolts from working loose even under severe stress created by hard cornering. The arms are made from 1-1/4" 120 wall DOM tubing and have beefy 1-1/2" 188 wall pivot barrels. The continuous round cross section adds torsional rigidity. The beefy 1-1/2 wall pivot barrels ensure the pivots will stay true and operate with maximum efficiency.
The Lower control arms have a helical stamped coil mount that positively secures the coil spring into the lower control arm. The coil mount has been improved to make the installation easier. The lower shock mount is incorporated into the stamped coil plate. This stamping is welded around its entire perimeter to 1-1/2" 120 wall DOM tubing. The arms accept OE and aftermarket swaybars. The arms occupy less space than the originals and do not affect turning radius or tire size.
All CPP control arms feature high quality TIG welds to ensure the best strength and appearence. The arms accept OE replacement balljoints. The CPP exclusive pivot bushings are a patented self lubricating plastic that will not squeak, and has a working temperature of over 400 degrees. These plastic bushings refuse to break during impact testing and can absorb high shocks loads that would otherwise be transferred thru the chassis. AUCTION IS FOR SILVER ARMS BUT WE ALSO CARRY BLACK.
The QA-1 coilovers are not cheap shocks but the Finest Never is! These are an Easy Bolt-In Installation with minimal modifications to be made. Remove existing shocks and springs and bolt these right in place. Specially Designed Conical Springs designed so that the lower end sets in the original spring bucket in the frame. This allows for use of a longer and lighter spring for more stored energy, offering increased weight transfer. Greater durability is also achieved by locating the spring pressure in the frame and not on a single stud. The ride height is adjustable through and aluminum threaded body allowing for perfect ride height. AUCTION IS FOR SMALLBLOCK COILOVERS BUT IF YOU WIN CONTACT US IF THIS IS FOR A BIG BLOCK SO WE CAN MAKE THE CHANGE

Andrew McBride
01-10-2009, 07:52 AM
I have seen CPP stuff before and everything looks to be built well.
Not a ton of people seem to be running their stuff, and I considered buying their control arms at one point. I wonder if there are any geometry improvements in the UCA's for the A bodies?

That kit seems reasonable for what you are getting.

Derek69SS
01-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Doesn't look like it addresses any of the poor geometry issues of the A-body front suspension.

If I were to buy that kit, first thing I'd do is sell the upper arms, and press out the lower balljoints, and assemble it with an SC&C Stage 2+ kit. I'd also throw away the rear poly bushings (for the housing ears) and replace with rubber.

Everything else looks decent, for the money.

ponchopwr70
01-10-2009, 02:47 PM
What derek said or just give marc at sc+c a call and get all the parts from him but that kit you found doesn't change the geometry.

The WidowMaker
01-10-2009, 03:25 PM
my guess is about $2500-2700 if that was bought seperately. id do what derek said in regards to the front suspension, and i doubt its well thought out with spring rates and bar rates, but as replacement parts its a great deal.