PDA

View Full Version : Spring choice

ss1cars
01-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Who makes the best lowering springs with the most accuracy in your opinion.71 chevelle.Thanks.

6'9"Witha69
01-09-2009, 03:50 PM
FNG :slap:

On more serious note, most people say the Hotchkis are always off. Some say that is b/c people compare before and after of worn sagging front springs vs. the new 2" drop. One of the best ways to get exactly the height you want is to buy adjusters and springs from speedway or similar places.

vanzuuk1
01-09-2009, 06:39 PM
There is no way to calculate what a new set of springs will do, meet my two friends trial and error...the speedway adjusters will help out a lot,look on their website.Also you need to use their springs which are dirt cheap and work great.

ss1cars
01-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks

TA219
01-10-2009, 08:48 AM
FNG :slap:

On more serious note, most people say the Hotchkis are always off. Some say that is b/c people compare before and after of worn sagging front springs vs. the new 2" drop. One of the best ways to get exactly the height you want is to buy adjusters and springs from speedway or similar places.

This happened to me when I replaced my leafs, the before and after measurements were exactly the same, but you cant compare 40+ year old springs to brand new stiff ones.

I will say that I was really impressed with the Hotchkis kit I bought for my Camaro, they included everything I would possibly need, which was very nice! I have no regrets on my choice of springs

MonzaRacer
01-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Being a Chevelle I would look at Air Ride Technologies CoolRide. Back in 98 Bret sold me a set of rear springs with single lines that I manually filled for my 71 Monte Carlo, I loved them.
Since it is a big car, the shock relocation isnt a bad on those cars and the adjustably is awesome.
Good Luck.

Roadbuster
01-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Who makes the best lowering springs with the most accuracy in your opinion.71 chevelle.Thanks.

I like Hypercoils. If what you mean for accuracy is that the spring rate is as stated. See Link (http://www.hypercoils.com/TechTips/?TipNO=%203). They are not expensive and you can get just about any rate you want.

Jon