PDA

View Full Version : Best prices on Budnik rim?

rocketrod
03-03-2005, 06:19 PM
I am ready to buy some Budniks and was wanting to do some comparison shopping. Anyone know of the best place, cheapest, to buy Budniks?

Thanks in advance.

4FTTY4
03-03-2005, 06:58 PM
I think I'm going to order mine from DSE, I'm going to call tomorrow and see how their prices compare to the quote I got from Budnik.

rocketrod
03-03-2005, 07:02 PM
I got a quote from DSE today with the group discount, but before I let loose of that kind of money I am going to look around.

4FTTY4
03-03-2005, 07:42 PM
what model are you looking at getting?

rocketrod
03-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Cobalt Fat Lip Series

796spdbu
03-04-2005, 10:49 AM
how does the group buy work.Dse gives you a break, is it that big of a discount.I too need budniks(fontana fat lip).I would like to find the cheapest place. Here in ohio i have been told to go to discounttires.I dont know if they sell them personlaly.I have had no luck ordering any kind of custom wheels for local dealers,they just dont seem to get what all the measurement mean i guess.I ordered a set of 19/10.5's and 19/8's from tire discounters for my 95'camaro, and the guy told me that 10.5" would not fit be cause they came with 9.5" factory.So some times the locals can get the wheels cheaper but what if they dont order them right.I dunno.please let us know what you find out.Thanks :cool:

jerebus67
03-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Can you guys tell me what the difference if any is with the fat lip? Should I or shouldnt I get them. I am going to order some Fontana's for my 67 convert on Monday. DSE quoted me 1705 for the 17x11 rears and 17x8's on the front. Let me know what you guys think?

rocketrod
03-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Basically the Fat Lip series has a larger inner rim diameter, there is no step in the dish where the valve stem is normally located and the valve stem is located behind the spokes. If I wer you I would go to Budniks website and they should have them in there gallery or call them to make sure.

rockdogz
03-04-2005, 05:36 PM
I bought the same size Fontanas from DSE and they told me the fat lip wasn't available as a standard wheel, only custom which was like $400 more per wheel. If it's available now as a standard wheel, then :bananna2: . I'd get it - looks pretty sweet I think. Check out the Budnik site for pics of fat lip.

TonyL
03-04-2005, 05:47 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

see the difference in the lip? fatlips are deeper looking.

rocketrod
03-04-2005, 06:00 PM
I am definitely going with the Fat Lip series.

Ricoch3T
03-04-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm using the cobalts myself rocketrod, they look great, I didn't do the fat lip series as I didn't think they would look very good. instead I went with a set of 17x11 rears with 5inch backspacing and narrowed the rear. I need to order the front two rims and i'm going with DSE. The back two I ordered from a guy that used to be on the old message board that offered them 15% off. Unfortunatly I lost his email and can't get in touch with him anymore. I figured I'll take the 10% off and be happy! :moon:

rocketrod
03-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Ricoch3T,
Care to elaborate?

I'm using the cobalts myself rocketrod, they look great, I didn't do the fat lip series as I didn't think they would look very good.

Ricoch3T,
One more question I was thinking about having the inner portion of the spokes brshed versus polished. What do you think and do you have any pics you could send of the rims?

Ricoch3T
03-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Hey sorry rocketrod, I just now noticed you pm'ed me.. I usually try to answer when people msg me but I forget to look and see if it says i have any msgs. Sorry sorry!!! :wtlw: <-- def my case.

Ricoch3T
03-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Hey, i just looked.. the only pictures I have of it are too dark, really can't even tell its a cobalt rim its so dark. I'ma be out there working tomorrow so I'll snap a couple of it on and off the car.

BTW, I'm not sure about a brushed center section. Its def different but I don't THINK it would look bad. I'm a very bad judge of wheels.. took me a couple months to pick these out. Anyhow, sorry I took so long to answer I'll def get you a picture tomorrow night!

Oh and to elaborate, I didn't think i was going to like the fat lip series the way they were explained to me on the phone. The picture above that someone posted looks like the spokes are just pushed back yet the center of the wheel is still pushed to the outside of the wheel. My preference is to have close to a center offset, if not more to the inside. But to do all of this you need to narrow the rear.
Oh and to to hold you over till I get the pictures tomorrow, I did find this. picture, its what made me decide to go with them.

rocketrod
03-06-2005, 02:03 AM
Ricoch3T,

I sent you a PM and thanks for the reply

383blown
03-10-2005, 10:03 PM
I ordered the Budnik M 5's through DSE with the group 10% discount. They tore up Discount Tires price by at least $50.00 per rim and the guy I got my prices from at Dicount Tire was giving me his employee price as he is a good friend of mine!
I like the look of the Fat lip but the widest they make is a 10 and that just wont work for me, the standard X series will go 17x11 or even 17X13 and if you prefer 18's I called budnik and they don't post it on there web sight but they do make a 18x12 !!!!!!

rocketrod
03-11-2005, 02:49 AM
Thanks fo the input guys. I ended up going with the Cobalt X series (standard) throught the DSE Gp. I got 17x8s up front and 17x9.5s out back.