PDA

View Full Version : the starting piece

Pro-touring towncar
08-22-2004, 01:09 PM
here is my baby.( accually the wifes, it's her car :naughty: )

nancejd
08-22-2004, 01:36 PM
What kind of plans do you have for it?

zbugger
08-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Ok, now I really wanna see what you can do to that one. That's gotta go from ultra cushy ride, to keeping up with the normal Camaro's on the track. I really can't wait to see the reaction of a mustang getting smoked by that beast!!!!

TonyL
08-22-2004, 02:54 PM
corrrect me if im wrong, but for the most part, police issue sway bars and stuff from the crown vic of the same era should bolt right on. lose the airbags, they are awful. but again crown vic stuff from a cop car should bolt up. (my wife used to run a lincoln continental with ford taurus SHO stuff under it, after the bags failed, and i got tired of fixing it)

So, applying that should be pretty straight forward.

Pro-touring towncar
08-22-2004, 07:19 PM
Well The town car is in the panther designation along with the Crown vic and the Grand Marquis. So parts from both will work. Luckily It doesn't have the rear airbag suspension.
plans are changing the front brakes to the 98-02 crown vic 12"ers, 90 towncar rear discs, custom made lowered coils , eather police or aftermarket swaybars, performance shocks, urathane bushings.

haven't figured the motor yet but at 34K miles I may leave it alone( for now)

Allen, my wife has suprized a mustang that was suppose to be one of the fastest in town with her crown vic.

Tim

Steve1968LS2
08-23-2004, 07:36 AM
Congrats.. its nice to see something different being done :)

ChevyIIMan
08-23-2004, 09:26 PM
89? Thats weak you need a real classic to do and Ive got what you need, alredy has a Big Block in it...

http://www.odiesgarage.com/ForSale/

ironroad9c1
08-24-2004, 01:47 AM
man its got so much blowby you had to put an oil filter on the air cleaner..lol J/K man nice ride and a great price .

Protour_Pinto
08-24-2004, 12:46 PM
There was a guy named Jeff Schwartz that had a Coupe Deville on an open track day that gave a bunch of "Sport Cars" a real run for thier money.

I like the Town Car, Is big and diffeent!

You have to love the altitutde there in Laramie. I spent a few weeks there at Wyo-Tech visiting friends.