PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a set of 8 Noid lights?

Larry Callahan
01-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I am trying to find 8 Noid lights to do some testing on MotiV8r. I want to be certain I wired it correct and think a set of Noid light nights would help. I am only finding them one at a time.

Has anyone ever seen an 8pc set and has anyone seen a set you have leave plugged in while it's running? The only injector test lights I see allow you to plug them to the harness but do not allow you to plug them into the injector.

I thought I saw some of these years ago but now I can't find them.

70TWO NOVA
01-07-2009, 08:44 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Noid-Light-Set-6pc-set-NEW-GM-FORD-BOSCH-GEO-tester-NEW_W0QQitemZ360044958047QQcmdZViewItem
hope this helps

Larry Callahan
01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks but that's what I keep finding. Sets with 6 or 8 different lights to work with various type of injectors. I need all 8 of them the same. If you look at the picture you will each one has a different style connector.

70TWO NOVA
01-07-2009, 09:23 PM
oh i see what you are saying. my bad.

Vegas69
01-07-2009, 09:50 PM
I doubt you can by a kit of 8 matching lights. They are usually used one injector at a time. If you find a kit of 8 cheap then you could use jumper wires I would think.

zbugger
01-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Larry, most of the time you check them one connection at a time. Unless of course you're just wanting a light show in the garage...

Larry Callahan
01-08-2009, 06:10 AM
What I really want to do is visually see the firing order to make sure my wire harness is correct.

Bow Tie 67
01-08-2009, 06:20 AM
I'm not sure you will ge able to see it, it may be to fast. If it is possible you could take out the spark plugs. Well now that I think about it noids are for the injectors.

Larry I would disconnect the PCM and then check continuity between each injector plug and the corresponding PCM pin. Of course you will need the pin-out of your PCM.

1969CamaroRS
01-08-2009, 06:50 AM
I'm not sure I would rely on noid lights to see if things are working correctly. It takes very little power to light an LED, so you could very easily get a false positive (there is voltage but not a full 12volts or under load etc).

A multi-meter I think would be a better choice, even better if you can would be a multi-channel scope or scan tool. 8 at a time might be harder to do that way but certainly less likely to give false positives. Noid light would be the last resort I would use.

jv982
01-08-2009, 11:33 AM
If you really want to used these lights to test the firing order buy 2 kits. If you have 2 lights that work that;s all that you need and you can the same thing as if you had 8.

Test cyl 1 & 2, and see which fires first. Then test 1 & 3. Using 2 lights, with a bunch of testing you will be able to find the relationship between all of the cylinders.

Its like those word problems back in school: Mike is taller then Susie. Susie is shorter then Frank who is taller then Mike and Tom. Susie is taller then Tom... Put these people in order from tallest to shortest.

I dunno if i explained any of that well, but I can see it in my head. Anyways you should be able to do the same thing with 2 lights that you can with 8.

70 Chevelle
01-08-2009, 11:36 AM
You can use 8 194 style automotive bulbs just bend the metal tangs down.

Larry Callahan
01-08-2009, 12:03 PM
The bulb idea sounds interesting.

I think for now I'll just sit down with the book and a volt meter. It really is the right way to do it.

JamesJ
01-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Its like those word problems back in school: Mike is taller then Susie. Susie is shorter then Frank who is taller then Mike and Tom. Susie is taller then Tom... Put these people in order from tallest to shortest.

Now that sounds like fun.... :hmm:

1969CamaroRS
01-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Now that sounds like fun.... :hmm:

:idea:
Frank
Mike
Suzy
Tom