PDA

View Full Version : 4 link options?

streetrods
01-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Hello

I have a 67 Ford Fairlane Gt that I am building for my son. Been looking for some kind of a 4 link set up for it but no luck..

Any ideas? Is there a basic kit that will works good for unibody cars? Thanks

MonzaRacer
01-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Check with Air Ride Technologies I think they may have something that could be made to work.

SDMAN
01-04-2009, 07:47 AM
We did a 4 link on my street car project a few months back. A good shop can fabricate the brackets. Fabbed brackets have some additional benefit, but the better generic ones (Mark Williams, Alston, etc) are good as well. Avoid cheap brackets. Usually thin and the holes are sloppy. Not much to it in the parts catagory. Mounts on the axle tubes, mounts on the frame and 4 bars. The hard part is getting the instant centers right so you can set the bars to plant the tires. And that requires all the brackets welded to the axle tubes and frame to be spot on. I had this setup installed by someone who knew what he is doing.
If you plan to go this way, remember that you will also need some method of keeping the rearend centered in the frame rails. A track-bar, panhard bar or watts link. I went with a watts.

One more thing. Most 4-link setups use heim ends. Very harsh in street use. There are hi-quality poly bushings available that make it a ton easier to live with a 4-link in street use. Im using those as well. In a strictly drag application, go with the heims.