PDA

View Full Version : Silver or Prowler orange?

datsbad
03-02-2005, 08:30 PM
We are getting the convertible ready for paint and we need to make a final decision . just looking for some insight on which color you think would be better .

a bright silver , or prowler orange from chrysler ? i have not seen many convertibles in either color . any help would be appreciated . thanks

Andrew McBride
03-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Jason,

what kind of car is it? I personally think silver is getting to be the color of choice for many. It looks great, but a lot of guys are using the silvers, and grays. I vote orange, but it also may depend on the car.

Andrew

Ok, I found the 69 vert on the site. I agree about the orange being used a lot. Here is another option: the 2005 corvette "Sunset Metallic Orange" http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6168&item=4532408101&rd=1

I think this color is awesome.

datsbad
03-02-2005, 08:45 PM
It is the once black convertible on my website . silver is one of my favorites but the silver is being used alot! i always loved the orange but everyone jumped on it also . maybe now its time since silver is taking over ! beisides the orange will look great with the all custom tan leather and a cloth black top! opinions??

DJ Mabe
03-03-2005, 09:12 PM
I am with you about the silver, you do see it a lot these days. We seem to be having the same problem because I can't decide whether or not to paint my car silver. What's funny is the other color I am thinking of now is this burnt orange. I don't think you can go wrong either way, both will look awesome on that car. I would go for the burnt orange, I think.:hmm:

ProdigyCustoms
03-04-2005, 03:23 AM
If your going orange, use Tangelo by House of Color. We have a pro street car here in Orlando done in that color, stops traffic. Silver is just not as exciting a color with, well, color!
JMO

socalfandabodys
03-04-2005, 08:12 AM
If you want to see what tangelo looks like there is a 69 camaro in the cars section. Its the one thats been sponsored by K&N and its just awesome in person

Steve1968LS2
03-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Prowler Orange with some sort of silver accent stripe..

You KNOW I am right.. just admit it and paint the damn car!! ;)

Go look at those 68 Camaro pics and hold some silver next it.. I dare you..

Do the engine bay in orange with silver accents.. use an aluminum blocked engine and the theme just keeps on trucking along..

So are we done here?? :lmao:

sunkistcamaro
03-04-2005, 12:26 PM
I'd go with the orange but Im bias..

Travis B
03-04-2005, 02:03 PM
This is just my .02 cents! first of all the tangelo looks awesome as does the prowler orange! BUt there is a new ford color that comes on the 05 f-150 king ranch (color code T5)that is really killer looking copper-brown that would look awesome!!

DJ Mabe
03-06-2005, 07:10 PM
I thought silver was more popular these day? I went to a local world of wheels show this weekend and I saw about 10 cars painted in the burnt orange and one car silver. I know that doesn't mean anything but I think the burnt orange is becoming the "in" color. Good luck.

WS6
03-06-2005, 07:23 PM
SOM is everywhere now unfortunately. it came out on 01 Fbodies first. next thing you know ever other 02 is SOM it seems and worse yet is every other car and manufacturer has theri version of SOM. the Vettes now have it as does the Grand prix. ford has a version and so does mazda i think. its the next teal.

my vote is a mix of the two possibly or BPM better known as bright purple metallic. gorgeous color and rare, very few fbodies had them(they had problems with the color). or MBM medium blue metallic. think very bright sky blue. love that color too. also very rare.

damn as i type this im forgetting CRM. cayenne red metallic the best color hands down on a fourth gen fbody. its a darkish red almost maroon until the light hits it then its a orangy red. hard to explain, but i love it and with the flowing lines on a 69 it would look great since it has depth and changes color depending on angle.

MuscleRodz
03-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Use both and two tone it. Silver on bottom to hide the rock chips and the orange on top so it will pop in the sunlight. i think it would make a killer combo no one has seen yet.

Mike

gtome
03-07-2005, 10:37 PM
I recently painted my bug a 2004 special edition PT Cruiser Tangerine Pearl color. It gets attention everywhere it goes because of the paint color.

Todds69
03-08-2005, 04:24 AM
I'm a little partial to the orange myself, I'm planning a repaint sometime within the next year and its either Tangelo Pearl, Prowler orange or maybe the Daytona Orange. Just haven't thought of the accent stipe for each color.....need to see the Corvette in person to be sure if that one is getting consideration...ORANGE BABY!!!

gtome
03-08-2005, 05:03 PM
If you use a HOK paint, be ready to open your checkbook. That is a tri coat system and is expencive and difficult to paint.