PDA

View Full Version : Which MC for Front Disc/Rear Drum Conversion?

Brandon
03-02-2005, 03:53 PM
I have converted my '69 Camaro Manual Drum/Drum over to Disc/Drum. I now need a master cylinder that will work. When I hit the brake pedal, it is really stiff and just barely stops the car! I cannot lock the brake if my life depended on it (and it probably does)!!!

I will keep the brakes manual for now but will upgrade to C4 front discs and 4th Gen rears later. I just need a cheap manual M/C to add now until then.

Thanks,
Brandon

PS
Sorry if this has been covered already. I didn't find an answer with part numbers.

MarkM66
03-02-2005, 06:51 PM
If you're wanting to run manual disc/drum. '67 Camaros came stock with this option. I've used that master cylinder on this type of set up before and it works well. I just ran the front port to the front brakes, and the rear to the rear with a adjustible prop valve in there.

Brandon
03-02-2005, 08:53 PM
What is the correct bore size that I need?

Napa sells a unit for the 1967 Camaro with a 1" bore size and another with a bore of 1.125".

Which is correct?

Brandon

MarkM66
03-03-2005, 06:41 AM
I would imagine it's the 1" one. If you ask for a m/c for a '67 manual brake car, there will be only one.

ProdigyCustoms
03-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Get the fatbody master listed for a 69 Z28. The parts books, even at a normal parts store, list a different master. It is correct for 69 and later single piston / drum brakes set ups. I just bought one for $25.
Be sure to check a few boxes till you find the fatbody type, as the rebuilders sometime use the tall Chevelle style as a substitute.